+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default fetal development

I'm counting myself very lucky that I found out at just past 3 weeks ( poas getting stronger each day too) I know it's still early and I'm not counting my chickens until they are hatched but I'm a little frustrated that all the guides say I should only be implanting now and doesn't give alot of info regarding what our bub is doing. Obviously I've implanted as I'm getting positive tests I just want to know how bubba is growing.
    Anyone else who found out earlier also frustrated? Should I just look at week 4?
    Last edited by Plan2bamummy; 14-12-2012 at 21:17.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: fetal development

My pregnancy app says in the third week, 22 days after conception bub heart starts to beat. Week four bub starts to get oxygen and pump its own blood. Week 5 is when bub starts to form it's eyes and nose etc

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

My app was pretty vague for 3 weeks but 4 weeks on it gets better. It frustrates me how long a week is!

almai is online now "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Search 'health and parenting pregnancy' in the app store. this is my FAVOUITE app (there is a lite one if you want to try before you buy)
    its so good!! has daily tips and weekly info on what delevopment your baby is at even before conception.
    I also downloaded it on DP's phone so she can check every day and see where we are up to (and learn along the way )
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    wowie. Amazing how apps and Dr google is SO different.

Most will say the heart doesnt start beating until approx 5-6 weeks with many whom have had scans at 5-6 weeks with no heartbeat (and ALOT of stress) to find bubs heart beating a week later. However. Ive never heard of it at 3 weeks!

Remember. Implantation isnt just a one step process. Your bub is most likely STILL implanting. Yes. You have your BFP but bub is more than likely still getting cosey in your lining and "making itself at home" so to speak.

My app (baby centre) tells me from the start of week 3 there is alot of cell splitting etc going on.

Currently bub would be microscopic.

I know its hard to wait but hang in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsR2012 View Post
    Most will say the heart doesnt start beating until approx 5-6 weeks with many whom have had scans at 5-6 weeks with no heartbeat (and ALOT of stress) to find bubs heart beating a week later. However. Ive never heard of it at 3 weeks!
    They're not so different. Simply one is counting from last menstrual period, and the other is counting from ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    My app was pretty vague for 3 weeks but 4 weeks on it gets better. It frustrates me how long a week is!
    Haha! Once bub is born, it will frustrate you to see how short a week is and you'll realise how fast the years have gone by.... 😊

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Bb View Post
    Haha! Once bub is born, it will frustrate you to see how short a week is and you'll realise how fast the years have gone by.... 😊
    Why can't it be the other way around!
    Actually now that I'm not so focused and its not a new bit of news I'm finding the weeks going quicker, I can't believe I'm nine weeks already it seems like a big number haha

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    Why can't it be the other way around!
    Actually now that I'm not so focused and its not a new bit of news I'm finding the weeks going quicker, I can't believe I'm nine weeks already it seems like a big number haha
    Yes yes! I'm 25 weeks along and yet to be a first time mother. But friends are already telling me how their heart breaks to see their little ones growing up so fast.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Bb View Post
    Yes yes! I'm 25 weeks along and yet to be a first time mother. But friends are already telling me how their heart breaks to see their little ones growing up so fast.
    My bestie is always complaining how big her kids are I just think 'he's one, its not as old as you. ' and her daughter is two, which isn't that old really, it definitely feels like two years have passed haha. Maybe because I haven't had any yet is why it doesn't seem like it's flown by? Lol