+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Maternity clothes for xs size 6 ladies? I can't find anything that fits, help!

Hi everyone,

I cannot find any maternity clothes to fit me and am starting to feel desperate.

I have a small frame and a lean build. I am a size 6 (US size 0) but even pre-pregnancy, size 6 is often too big for me. The only brands small enough for me are Kookai, Scanlan & Theodore, Sass and Bide and (embarrassingly) Forever New and Supre. Even though I am skinny, I am too tall for 'petites' ranges.

Now that I'm pregnant I don't know what to do. The problem is that nowhere seems to stock size 6 maternity clothes! I'm nearly 14 weeks and my boobs are bigger and my tummy is showing. I really need some maternity clothes.

I have tried the following shops and their smallest sizes are too big: Ripe Maternity, ASOS maternity, various brands from Queen Bee, and Topshop maternity. They all start at size 8, not size 6.

A friend suggested that I just non-maternity clothes in a bigger size but this doesn't work at all - the problem is that even a standard size 6 is still too big on me as even with a pregnant tummy my legs, shoulders etc are still the same size!

People say I am lucky to be thin but it is actually a nightmare trying to buy clothes and I wish I had a bigger frame.

Is anyone else out there a size 6? Where are you buying your clothes? I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Maternity clothes for xs size 6 ladies? I can't find anything that fits, help!

I'm a 6-8 and found it hard too. I just went to valley girl and target and bought more flowy stuff. I'm
    35 wks now and have gotten by thi way. I also got jeans west maternity jeans in size 6 and they r awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I was going to suggest non maternity. I bought two size 8 maternity jeans from ASOS online (they'll be way too big for you). But I don't buy any maternity tops. Just stretchy singlets. What about your normal jeans with a little belly belt button?
    Have you tried online or mamas and papas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Maternity clothes for xs size 6 ladies? I can't find anything that fits, help!

Last time I was still able to fit into most of my tops, just stretched them out a bit. Then I would wear tights (with a longer top), hogh waisted stretchy cotton pencil skirts (in my regular size) or beach type pants with an elastic waist. You will find that there are a lot of things that you can wear, just think outside the box

5. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am very similar and bought a lot of tops from cotton on, just one size bigger. I also got some stretchy yoga pants from cotton on body that I wore right up to labour. I also found that maxi dresses were great too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Maternity clothes for xs size 6 ladies? I can't find anything that fits, help!

Quote Originally Posted by Pantsy View Post
    I am very similar and bought a lot of tops from cotton on, just one size bigger. I also got some stretchy yoga pants from cotton on body that I wore right up to labour. I also found that maxi dresses were great too.
    I forgot about the maxi dresses! I lived in those through the Summer.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Last time I was still able to fit into most of my tops, just stretched them out a bit. Then I would wear tights (with a longer top), hogh waisted stretchy cotton pencil skirts (in my regular size) or beach type pants with an elastic waist. You will find that there are a lot of things that you can wear, just think outside the box
    I am the same. I just bought lots of elastic waisted things. Floaty tops, lots of maxi dresses.
    A lot of my stuff was still only a size 8 at full term, but just stretched.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Normal stretchy clothes. Kookai should be perfect with their skirts and singlets.

Thanks
    Reviews

Awesome skinny leg jeans from just jeans - Maternity and look great

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the same as others above - normal/long/flowy tops in size 8 (Aus), stetchy singlets, maxi dresses, tights etc. The only maternity clothing I've bought is one pair of jeans and I got them from Motherhood (I'm in the US). I had the intention of buying more although haven't needed to yet and I'm almost 37 weeks, and it's the middle of a Boston winter!
    Good luck, I hope you find some things that you feel comfortable in. Celebrate your bump, I'm going to miss it! (although look forward to sleeping on my tummy again).