Did you regreat NOT having just one more? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did you regreat NOT having just one more?

As the title states, Did you regreat NOT having just one more, i have 2dd's and 1ds and im in 2 minds about the 4th,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm currently pregnant with #4 purely because I was so worried I'd regret not doing it!
    It constantly played on my mind and we always ummmed and ahhed.
    I tried so hard to be at peace with three, but I never really was.
    So exciting to actually get that "we are DONE" feeling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm 32 weeks pregnant with that child at the moment. I knew I would regret not having the 4th and have always joked we would have too many. I just didn't feel complete and when the test was positive I felt so calm.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well I terminated my 4th 6 months ago and I defiantly have no regrets. We feel completed for now, this is about all we (both of us) can handle at the moment and we have a strong desire to take some time for our own relationship, parenting 3 children 4 and under has been very intense for us and we have done it with no family support so we have had very little time for each other. We are really really enjoying DD more than we got to enjoy our closer age gap, I don't want to have to worry about supply issues with full term breastfeeding, I don't want to tandem feed again. We are really looking forward to having a bit more time for each other when DS2 starts kindy next year (DS1 will be in pre primary). I am looking forward to focusing on myself away from the pregnancy/birth/breastfeeding vortex.

Hubby does say he is completely 100% done, I am only 70% sure we wont have another one when DD starts kindy/pre primary. So I don't regret having a 4th now but I might do in a few years, lucky I am only 29 so I still have a few years up my sleeve!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (13-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive spoken to friends who all said they got that feeling but i havent ( but im not sure if i will always be clucky as i love children), my DS is only 11 months and every day i think about that one more, DH does want one however he is "leaving room" for a "accident" childs name tattoo LOL so in his mind i dont think hes done either, but he looks at the financial side more than i do, 3 kids is hard but whats one more??

Thanks
    Reviews

I too am wondering about a 4th. My husband doesn't want more but I could possibly convince him. I'm worried that if I had 4 then I'd be wondering about a 5th etc....

Thanks
    Reviews

I couldn't shake the feeling that I would regret not having that no 4 baby but our first 3 were close in age and are pretty wild We didn't decide either way if we would ever take the plunge so to speak. My hubby works from home so gets a lot of time with the kids too and when our youngest started school we were a bit lost and it seemed like a perfect time to have that number 4. Now we have our number four and she is just 2 months old. The age gap is brilliant for all of us. I love that the older 3 are besotted with her as they havent had any babies around and I get her all to myself when they are at school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 4littlemonkys View Post
    ive spoken to friends who all said they got that feeling but i havent ( but im not sure if i will always be clucky as i love children), my DS is only 11 months and every day i think about that one more, DH does want one however he is "leaving room" for a "accident" childs name tattoo LOL so in his mind i dont think hes done either, but he looks at the financial side more than i do, 3 kids is hard but whats one more??
    I am someone who does think the move from 3 to 4 is quite big financially. We have a big house but if we had one more it wouldn't be big enough. We would need a new car. My kids never sleep and I don't want another year of being tired and grumpy. DD1 is going into year 2 next year and I do heaps already at her school, as well as work part time in a pretty full on job, and having another would mean that would all stop.

I'm 41 and too old I think for another one. If we didn't have to do IVF, and if I'd had my kids earlier and closer in age (which thans to IVF wasn't possible) I'd have had 4 but I know I'm done and am very happy with my 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i must admit my kids are pretty good, well behaved and pretty good sleepers which makes me think i could go back for one more, we need a new car and we want a 7 seater, and a house well our plan is to move in the next 5 years so that isnt an issue, its just more so when they are older and cost more

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Did you regreat NOT having just one more?

I only have the one ds 8mo and i wanted 4 before having him. He has been a horrible sleeper from birth im always tired and sick so it has made me say NO MORE! Dh agrees but deep down i know of i dodnt i would regret it. Just feels like i would put us all through the sleepless torture again and hope we come out ok.

I think look deep deep down and see now you feel. If the feeling to have more is there then look at finances and do it.
    But 4 kids does mean 5 bed house and big car imo