+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jess1992 View Post
    How is everyone going?
    Well nothing really new to tell really am 21 weeks now and I still haven't organized anything for the babies yet so I'm a little behind
    How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont stress too much you still have a while Well im 31 weeks now and will be finishing work in around 2 weeks, the date is being confirmed mon/tues. Im feeling good, just tired and having sore feet more than anything. Babies are moving lots and have been getting quite a few BH lately and a small amount of light back pain. Obs are happy so far so everything is going pretty well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Struggling with the extended heat - it's meant to be autumn, not summer! However, I am fortunately on leave for the next 2 weeks (just had last week off) and am making the most of the opportunity to have afternoon naps!

Planning on checking out the children's and baby expo that is coming up in Adelaide next weekend.

I still don't know what sort of pram to get and think my googling needs to move onto visiting baby stores to check out some prams 'in the flesh'. Hope there are some prams at the expo to check out.

Have done a little shopping to top up our existing baby items - newborn sized clothes (some really good specials at best and less), flat cloth nappies, bathtub, cot bedding etc. Have been watching some 2nd hand online sales pages waiting for a matching cot (to the existing one we have) to come up for sale in the right price bracket.

Have started a small list of names. Get to find out genders in nearly 3 weeks time, so looking forward to that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also considering heading to the adelaide expo. Im not too sure if I will though. Its a tough choice I could find out some good info but could also risk spending money I shouldnt lol! Sounds like your getting quite organised How many weeks are you now taps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish they had a baby expo before the babies are meant to be born but in wa the expo is not till like September!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 17 weeks. Once I typed what I have organised (mostly in the past week) I feel more organised than I thought!

Really in the scheme of it however, it's just starting steps, as we have to do some house renovations to even have a room to put these babies in (would have been the same scenario regardless of twins or singleton). Builders coming to visit next week and the week after to provide us some quotes.

I'm more likely at the expo to look at everything and then not buy anything, for being unsure of what to choose! I think jess1992 if you have a list of what you do need and you see something that ticks the boxes of your requirements, then no harm in purchasing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    17 weeks seems like forever ago but like yesterday at the same time! See thats just it there isnt really anything we 'need' anymore were pretty much set I would like to go because I have heard good things but I dont think I will. If it was this weekend I would but travelling to adelaide three weekends in a row is a bit draining

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you already have everything you need then not much point in going when you live a distance away. Travelling is tiring when pregnant and harder to sit for long periods of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well technically I live in adelaide lol Im working away atm. Maybe next year Ive just found out today I wont have a job to return to once the twins are born anyway so I guess its decided for me lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Congrat's to everyone on this thread that is pregnant with twins. I have read a few pages but not everyone else post, but wanted to give some important information for Mums pregnant with IDENTICAL TWINS.

I don't want to dampen anyones excitement of having twins, but I wanted to express what important information you need to be aware of if your carrying identical twins. I recently lost my identical twins at 35 weeks and 4 days to acute twin to twin syndrome. This only happens to identical twins and onsets around 34 weeks or maybe before. Please make sure your ob or the doctor caring for you has a good knowledge of Acute TTS and advises you of the risks and symptoms, this was something I didn't have even thou I was being monitored by one of the best medical clinics (this was not in AU).

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me, hopefully my experience can help save more twins in the future.

All the best for your upcoming arrivals!