+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a small bleed at 6 weeks, before I had my 7 week scan to discover 2 heart beats. The bleed was most likely due to a haematoma visible on the scan, caused by implantation and was gone at 12 week scan. I only bled on one day for a couple hours or so.

Since I'd had a bleed, I was concerned that we wouldn't see a good scan (and also having a missed miscarriage previously). I think we were so relieved that there was a heartbeat to see, that there being 2 wasn't the biggest concern in that moment of finding out. Not knowing if the smaller one would last the distance kind of had us in limbo until 12 weeks.

The logistics of it all certainly are what is most overwhelming at present. I feel fortunate that my son will be 3yo when they are born, so I wont have to deal with toilet training whilst also looking after a really little toddler.

Good luck Mrswatto with the 3 children under 2! I'm sure we'll all work it out as time goes on. I got a booklet sent from the Australian Twin Registry, which I found helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On the topic of 3 little ones, I work with a lady who ended up with 3 under 1 year old after having a single bub, then getting pregnant with twins almost straight away! I now teach all 3 of her girls in the same class at school. She survived (and did have another girl about 5 years later so she could enjoy it without the chaos). Whatever we have, we're seriously blessed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told that as they share a placenta they r identical..mine r in the same sac but have a membrane separating them. It wasn't until I had to have an internal ultrasound befor they could tell and that was horrid. I haven't had any bleeding which is lucky cause I know I will panic if I do as that is my nature to panic. Tummy has really grown this week although the kids I teach still think I am playing some crazy prank on them. You have to love special ed kids.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks tap ... I will look into that. I need as much info as I can get

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice to hear your tummy is growing Leas....I'm getting enormous!! I've put on 4kg up until this week and it's all belly! Today I'm having a particularly fat day so I'm scared to get on the scales. I reckon it could me more like 5kg now. Wow, it's amazing how this happens. I'm eating less than pre-pregnancy because my appetite seems to have lessened but this belly just keeps going. Eeek...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent put on any weight the whole time so far so still losing weight everyehere else....these twins are draining everything out of me...I cant eat any more food!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newly pregnant with twins....questions!

I haven't gained any weight either 18 weeks and still the same...I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not as I have read everywhere that with twins even obese women gain weight oh well I'm sure I will start gaining weight in the next half of the pregnancy!!
    My twins are fraternal so not it's not as serious or need more cautious and some of you gals'! How is everyone holding up?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Newly pregnant with twins....questions!

Wait until you hit the last trimester ladies! These last few weeks I have been sleeping for upto 12 hours a day where possible. Some days I eat heaps some days not very much. Maccas for dinner tonight but had to drive two and a half hours so it was that or roadhouse food lol!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    No weight gain yet?? Wow! Now I'm really paranoid about my belly I've been keeping track of the recommended weight gain (about 700g per week in second trimester after up to a couple of kilos in first) and I'm exactly on track with that, so I suppose I'm within normal range. At this rate I'll gain 16 - 18 kilo by the time I'm full term. It sounds so scary! Hope the old joints hold out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I lost weight when I was preg with the twins, actually I have with every pregnancy, I was down about 13 kg by the time they came out. I wasn't sick or anything, it is just the way my body works - wish it happened when I wasn't pregnant! But I wouldn't worry too much about not gaining weight.