+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine are the same too! Go the MoDi twins!!

Is everyone finding out, or has found out, sex? We will find out but not telling anyone in real life. If it were a single we were having we wouldn't have found out, but being two we think it will help us get our heads around it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Newly pregnant with twins....questions!

Same Nat we wouldn't find out if it was one but two there is just too Much to organise. Not to mention two names to think of

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Newly pregnant with twins....questions!

Kool MoMo is the highest risk and DiDi is the lowest so that puts us in between lol! We couldnt wait to find out the sex we would have found out no matter if we were expecting one or two babies I like to be prepared

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are DiDi. We'll be finding out the sexes. I think there will be some gender disappointment around here if there are 2 boys, as we already have one son. Think I'll go a bit crazy if I end up the mother of 3 boys, however, it would cut down costs on things like clothes.

If they're boy/girl, then we'll know that they're fraternal, otherwise we'll be waiting until they're born to have a clue about that.

My 12 week scan last week went well and we have announced to family, friends and work. I also thought I felt a kick this morning when I moved to reach something and my stomach has to squish up to reach it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A kick would be exciting! I can't wait to feel. I'm 16 weeks now it can't be too far away. My ob said that the placenta is at the front of my belly though, so this might cushion kicks for a while and I might feel them a bit later. As long as I feel something by 20 weeks I'll be happy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I got a definite proper kick (or maybe it was a head bump) last night. I had my hands on my stomach whilst watching tv and all of a sudden my stomach and hands jumped about an inch upwards! Made me laugh. My mum was over so I think she found it nice to have been there, as she had only asked recently if I'd felt any movements yet.

Didn't get anymore, but at least I was left in no doubt about that one unlike the one earlier on! It's certainly fun when you start feeling movement. With my previous pregnancy I felt little tiny taps at 17 weeks in the same place as I felt the above movement last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    I hope you don't mind me popping in on your thread.
    Ive just found out I'm pregnant with twins. Had a huge omg moment, but it's settling in now. I'm only 5wks 5days. It was a huge shock.
    at the moment we can see that they are in the same sac, but too early to see if there is a membrane separating them.
    I had a fair amount of bleeding yesterday before my ultrasound and have been put on bed rest ... Which is difficult with my 1yo ds.

Just wondering if you had any words of wisdom/advice?
    thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mrswatto. Welcome!! I'm certainly no expert but I had a bit of worry over whether there was a membrane at my first scan at 7 weeks. It was just too early to tell though. From memory 11 weeks or so is far better and by then it was clear. So don't worry too much yet. No real advice because I'm brand new to it all as well, but when I look back at how far we've come already from 7 to 16 weeks I feel super lucky and proud that we've survived each hurdle. Definitely rest rest rest if that's what you've been told. NOTHING is more important right now than giving those bubs the best chance!
    Are you excited about the prospect of twins? Is it daunting after having a bub already or is it okay? These are my first bubs so I don't know any different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    By the way...Tap - congratulations on the kick!! I'm envious! It's my next big milestone and every day I'm waiting impatiently.

Will everyone have to wait and see if their bubs are identical? Is that how it works if they have a membrane separating them? We know because we had IVF and had 2 embryos transferred, one formed a blighted ovum and one must have split. So we have one empty sac and one with two bubs in it. Therefore 99.9% sure they must be identical. How does everyone else work it out??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nat. I am resting as much as possible. My aunt has taken time off to help me with ds
    went to the dr today, and he said that everything is looking good, just to take it as easy as possible.

I was bewildered by the prospect of twins, still am really, but slowly getting my head around it. Dh is getting there too I am trying to get my head around having three children under 2!

ive been told that my bubbas will be identical as they are in the same sac, one egg split in two. Now dh and I are just deciding on whether to find out the sex when the time comes, as we will need to be a bit more prepared than we had to be with ds.

It really is amazing what you forget about pregnancy ... In 12 months I have forgotten about the abdominal heaviness and the groin pain I had in early pregnancy with ds ... But it's coming flooding back now!