+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome to hear Jess.
    Lily and Evie are 6 weeks old now and we are in that struggle zone trying to figure out sleeping. Thankfully they do ok overnight. It's day sleeps that we can't get a grip on.

But ... We will get thee soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow. Time flies. We have had issued with sleep as well but once you work out what works for you it gets easier our girls usually wake around 7-8 then nap 2 hours later wake up for two hours then have another nap. It can be very hard to get them down though and then they get cranky because they are overtired go figure lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had sleep issues with our son (now 21months) ... I tore my hair out with him. He finally slept thru the night at 18months. So I'm trying to avoid that.
    Not that I expecting the girls to sleep thru any time soon, I just would like some routine ... but that comes with age
    For now I'm working on feed, play, sleep with the girls. Evie is going well with it, but Lily isn't. As I write this, I've handed her over to my mum to try to get her to sleep, she's been up for 3hours ... Way too long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're off to ngala for a day stay to try and get a handle on Lily and Evie's sleep. It has been getting worse for two or so weeks.
    I'm so tired I don't know what to do with myself ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is ngala a sleep school mrswatto? Good luck! I'd love to hear what happens. I've had some smallish difficulties with my girls with day sleeps but now they seem to have found their rhythm. However they're 5 months old! I feel for you with being tired. I can't imagine how hard it is to face each day when you're already exhausted. Thinking of you and keep in touch with how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a help centre that helps with all sorts of parenting issues for all ages and they offer a sleep school they were my life line with my son!
    We're booked in for December 9, I'll let you know how it goes

5months old! They must be getting so cute and chatty now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who was it that found sleeping their babies separately in the day with sleep?
    Sorry, I can't find the post?

Does it still work? Do they disturb each other when they do share the same room/cot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mrswatto, I don't know if it was my post but I did separate for a while. It didn't really help as I couldn't get to each bub when she needed patting at the right time. I now have them back together in the same cot.
    Mine go down for a nap easily but wake up after one sleep cycle. Usually they sleep for 40 mins, then I pat for 20 - 30 mins to get them to sleep for another 40. The patting seems to be for one twin, then the other, until they synchronise and both drift off together. Some days one doesn't need patting at all but the other does. They are finally starting to sometimes self settle without patting but they still do that awake time in the middle of two sleep cycles. They just grizzle a bit, yack away for a while, then go quiet again.

I always do this for the morning sleep (9am - 11am). On the other day sleeps, I judge whether I have any hope of getting a second cycle from them, depending on how awake they are. Often they just do one cycle at the other sleeps.

At the moment (5 months) mine do day sleeps at 9am, 1pm and around 4.30ish. They are always in bed at 7pm and get up at 7am with one feed at about 3.30am.

During the day I work on the theory of two hours 'up' and two hours 'down'. I stopped stressing about whether 'down' time was actual sleep and just make sure they have quiet time if they are not actually sleeping. Usually sitting in rocker with very little interaction from me.

I've started using the wave sounds on my baby monitor for day sleeps. It has helped to block out house noise that wakes the bubs. One of mine will wake easily to a door closing, dog barking etc.

I don't know if any of this is useful but I'm happy to share any other info if I can help.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nat. That's really handy to know.
    When my girls are overtired and really cranky, we separate then to get them to sleep, one in the cot and one in the bassinet. Then we move the bassinet into our room.

They also only sleep one sleep cycle, Evie can sometimes resettle herself, but Lily is shocking. She takes a dummy and won't settle for day sleeps without it. I can get her back to sleep during the night without it after her feeds, but going to sleep for the night is shocking. Takes hours.

Also, are you breastfeeding? Or anyone who is that has any ideas. My girls want to feed all the time. They'd feed hourly if they could. At the moment I push then to two hours. If they feed before then, they just have a short feed and it starts a vicious cycle. It's driving me nuts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I'm breastfeeding apart from one bottle of formula before bed. I started this to give me a break in the evening and it has had the added bonus of helping them get to sleep well at the end of the day. I feel as though my supply gets quite low as the afternoon goes on so I like that they get a top up before bed. My sister in law also did this with her twins and found it helped a lot too. Not that I'm advocating it for everyone, just worked for us.
    As for the feeding often, I have always fed on demand and found that as the day goes on it is definitely more regular, but havent had the' snacking' that yours seem to be doing. Can you stretch them with dummies or anything?

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app