+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sorry to crash.

OP. I was just wondering how you went with the blighted ovum?
    Im not too sure what that is exactly. I had my scan today and i have two sacs, but only one has a baby in it. The sonographer didnt really explain much except that there was supposed to be twins, but one didnt grow. Did your empty sac just disappear, or did you pass it? He was surprised that i had no bleeding. Im just wondering whether i should expect bleeding. Im 8wks tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Sorry to crash.

OP. I was just wondering how you went with the blighted ovum?
    Im not too sure what that is exactly. I had my scan today and i have two sacs, but only one has a baby in it. The sonographer didnt really explain much except that there was supposed to be twins, but one didnt grow. Did your empty sac just disappear, or did you pass it? He was surprised that i had no bleeding. Im just wondering whether i should expect bleeding. Im 8wks tomorrow.
    Sorry to crash.

I had this happen to me with dd3. My body reabsorbed it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    IndigoJ - I had this as well. I actually have identical twins on board because one embryo split, however we also had a blighted ovum. The doc said to expect some bleeding possibly at some stage as the blighted ovum passed, but this didn't happen for me. It stayed there for ages and I saw it in scans but now that I'm big I assume it's been absorbed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

How are we all going?

We had our anatomy scan last week and it confirmed that we still have 2 healthy girls on board!
    So our scare is now over

Hope you are all well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswatto View Post
    Hi Ladies

How are we all going?

We had our anatomy scan last week and it confirmed that we still have 2 healthy girls on board!
    So our scare is now over

Hope you are all well.
    That's great!! Glad your girls are healthy

Afm we have our c section date booked for the 28th of June so another 4 weeks both babies are doing really well and are gaining weight like normal singleton babies so I am feeling very heavy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, we're travelling well too. We have another scan on this Tuesday for 32 weeks. Last scan a couple of weeks ago the bubs were measuring perfectly and still head down, so still looking hopeful for a natural birth. I made a decision this week to give up work at the end of my 34th week so only 3 weeks of work to go. I've been travelling really well, however I keep getting the message to take a bit of rest before the bubs arrive so I'm going to take the advice and hopefully get a few things done at home in the extra couple of weeks too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    NAT I worked up until 34+1 Looking back im not sure how lol I certainly slowed down once I stopped work. Our girls are 6 weeks on tuesday already. Doing well twins are hard work but so worth it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone checked out the 18 week government paid maternity leave? I am really not sure what is the most beneficial way to go about it with twins.
    I have heard you can take the baby bonus for one and the 18 weeks leave for the other. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi RenJen - yes that's my understanding. I was told you can take 2 baby bonuses or 1 parenting leave and one baby bonus. It really depends on your tax situation. The baby bonus is not taxed ($5000) and the parenting leave is taxed but is more ($10 000). You cannot take 2 parenting leaves. I'm taking one of each....assuming we meet the thresholds, I haven't fully checked this yet!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Missleo  (06-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I'm receiving both ATM.