+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry for your loss wedgie what signs should we be looking out for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    So sorry for your loss wedgie

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Sent from my Unicorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh wedgie I am so sorry to hear that, mine are identical and my obs (although expensive) has me on weekly ultrasounds to monitor any chance of TTTS as should be done fro anyone with identical twins!! argh with the technology and knowledge in existance in todays world these things shouldnt happen :-( so so so sad for you...this is my biggest fear!!

Thanks
    Reviews

i went for my nt scan yesterday and came home to a phone call from my ob to tell me I've come back with a 1:96 chance for trisomy 18. I'm off to Perth to have an amnio in 3 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for info Wedgie, I will ensure we're monitored as well as possible. How devastating for you. I'm sorry to read that MrsWatto, thinking of you as you go through the next round of testing. AFM I've been offline at home (moved to a farm and had no internet for ages!). I'm now 22 1/2 weeks and travelling really well. We had our 20 week scan and found out our identicals are GIRLS!! I still can't get my head around it as I could only imagine boys for some reason. I'm thrilled either way though and more than grateful. All is well with both bubs. Every step is a little victory hey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswatto View Post

i went for my nt scan yesterday and came home to a phone call from my ob to tell me I've come back with a 1:96 chance for trisomy 18. I'm off to Perth to have an amnio in 3 weeks
    Sorry for your results I do hope the amnio comes back all negative!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsW sorry to hear. Thats still a good chance that they are both completely fine though so please try not to stress too much! Let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies for your comments.

I was being monitored for TTS on a fortnightly basis with the occasional weekly scans. What our doctor didn't have was any understanding of ACUTE TTS (which means instant) nor were we told about Acute TTS the risks and symptoms. With TTS they monitor you for, different sizes in the babies as well as the amniotic fluid level around the a babies. With Acute TTS there is little warning, this can happen during birth or within minutes and can onset from 26 weeks but more predominately at 34 weeks. What we didn't know was that when one baby is comprimised the blood flow from the other baby is re-directed to the baby in trouble, compromising both babies.
    What I felt was a decrease in fetal movement, I was at 35 weeks and 4 days. I tried drinking orange juice, eating chocolate & cheese but felt no movement so I went straight to the hospital. When I got to the hospital one of my babies had died and the other had a weak heartbeat. I was raced in for an emergency c -section but by the time by babies were born they both had no heartbeat.Both of my boys were a decent weight of 2.2 & 2.5 kg's. We all know with twins that they run out of room towards the end and babies slow down towards your due date preparing themselves for labour....I can't stress highly enough that if you feel a decrease in movement to get this checked out by your ob asap as Acute means the end!

I want to share what has happened to me, to prevent this happening to other families. I would highly recommend speaking with your ob or doctor about Acute TTS to make sure they are knowledgable about it and discuss your options, this might be delivering early. I wished my husband and I had known about Acute TTS so we could have made a decision as to whether we would have delivered early. An identical twin pregnancy is very HIGH RISK and needs to be monitored by a senior doctor who is fully aware of the risks that can happen with identical twins.

Mrswatto I hope everything is ok with your babies, thinking of you during this difficult time.....waiting is the hardest part!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Take Care and all the best to everyone xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow wedgie! Thank you so much for the info its amazing how little info is out there about it. Again so so sorry for your loss! It must have been horrible