+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Newly pregnant with twins....questions!

Hi all, we just found out this week that we are pregnant with twins. It's a unique situation because we had 2 embryos transferred on our first cycle of IVF and one seems to have resulted in a blighted ovum but the other one then seems to have split! So I have one empty sac and one with 2 bubs in it and it seems I'll end up with identical twins instead. I'm only 7 weeks + 4.

So...my questions....has anyone else had a blighted ovum with a pregnancy as well? I'm concerned about when it comes away and it putting the bubs at risk. The dr said I'll probably get bleeding at some stage when it comes away.

My other question is, does everyone have symptoms?? I don't have any really. I have very slightly tender breasts sometimes and a bit of tiredness (though not much more than my usual end-of-year work tiredness). I feel very odd that I don't feel anything when I keep reading that twins often double symptoms.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Newly pregnant with twins....questions!

Hi!! I am 20 weeks pregnant with twins. I cant help with the blighted ovum part of your questions but I can say I didnt have any morning sickness something my mum managed to pass on it seems I actually thought I had had a missed misscarriage because of my lack of symptoms needless to say we had the shock of our life at our nt scan when we discovered we were having twins lol!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi I have recently found out im pregnant with twins I'm 8+3...I don't have many symptoms either, I'm really tired, have a headache every now and then, nausea that comes and goes and sore nipples this is exactly like my other pregnancies with ds1 and ds2 we were very surprised by the twins as for the lack of symptoms!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, thanks ladies. Great to read that I'm not the only one! I was like you Jess. I was completely convinced that it would be a missed miscarriage at our first scan because of lack of symptoms. I was completely shocked when it was 2 good looking bubs!! How has your pregnancy been Jess? I'm so daunted by how I'll go with tiredness etc. Don't know how long I'll keep working etc. So much to think about!

Nila - I'm due in July too. I'm officially due on the 30th if it were a single but I assume it will be earlier. Have you had scans etc? I'm having another on Tuesday to see if a membrane between the twins is visible yet. We're still a bit concerned that they might be in one sac. A nice thing with twins is lots of attention from obstetrician I hear.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had an ultrasound on Monday at 8 weeks and then will have my first ob appointment on Tuesday so hopefully all will go well I am so scared of having a missed miscarriage it's not even funny my due date is the 23rd but I have read very where that they consider full term for twins at 37 weeks so babies might come on our anniversary instead! I am really nervous as I have just told our families and would suck I something went wrong!!
    Does any of you experience motion sickness instead of morning sickness it seems every time I get in the car I get nausea makes it really hard to concentrate!!
    I hope your scan goes well on Tuesday!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin had a blighted ovum found at her 8 week dating scan. Her OB wasnt too concerned and she was told it would pass naturally or be absorb by the other baby. She passed a small clot at 11wks and at her 12 week NT scan there was no evidence of the blighted ovum left. She now has a healthy baby boy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to elle77 For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (15-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow you lovely twin mummies are so lucky! I'm 19 weeks with b/g twins. I was sick as! Still have one to two days of spewing.

Twins are a big adjustment, a huge congrats.

Just to let you know, you'll be classed as high risk now. Considering they have split.

So happy for you!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (15-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

NAT my pregnancy has been great so far This is my first pregnancy and I started a new job 6 weeks ago with no problems. I get a bit sore in my hips and pelvic area and just generally a bit uncomfortable but besides that no issues whatsoever. I have my morphology scan on thursday and then after that we will be having fortnightly scans up until around 28 weeks unless a problem is found etc.

One of mine is more active than the other and I have been feeling a lot of movement over the last few days which is awesome!

Mine are MoDi twins, so I have one placenta but two sacs it cant be said for sure if they are identical or not yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nila - my first ob appt is Tuesday too. I've been with the IVF clinic up until now. I haven't had any motion sickness yet but a friend of mine had that a lot with her single pregnancy (it was her first sign that she might be pregnant). I live in a small country town so we have a lot of travelling to do throughout IVF and the pregnancy for appointments, scans etc. I hope the motion sickness doesn't kick in! We have told my brother and his wife and my best friend because they knew we were doing IVF but will probably not tell others for a while. It's a bit easier not to as we live a long way from all family.

Elle - thanks for that info. It makes me feel a lot better. My DH said that the dr told us the blighted ovum will probably be absorbed but I only heard the bleeding part in my shock with it all it was a lot of information.

Jessegirl - yes the high risk thing is super scary. I'm going to be so worried if they don't find separate sacs on Tuesday too. I'm also an older mum so I seem to fall into the category of high risk all round. We can only think positive and hope for the best! I can't believe that we can be this lucky. To have success on our first IVF and then to have twins would be amazing!!

Jess - great to hear it's possible to have a pretty comfortable pregnancy and continue to work. Do you know when you'll give up work? I have to apply for leave pretty early so that a replacement can be found so I'm trying to figure how long to go. Movement must be fantastic to feel! Can't wait! I'm not certain if it's identical twins either. Because we had 2 embryos transferred it's still possible it could be that, however the blighted ovum points to the fact that it is probably one split.

Thanks for the info so far ladies. I feel so much better chatting to other twin mums!

Thanks
    Reviews

You will find the ladies here are always quite helpful I gave my boss a rough date of mid march which is around 33 weeks. But of course I may leave sooner or even after that date depending on our health. I am three hours from my birthing hospital since I am high risk so I want to be closer to adelaide closer to my due date hence the 33 week mark. But I know someone and her friends twins arrived at 23 weeks.. So it really dependd!