+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Its really really good that you are surrounded by people that support you And it sounds like you have lots of plans in place for accommodation, uni etc. To be completely honest, I am really surprised to learn that you are in your early 20's. You always come across here as very level-headed and mature

Don't let your brother confuse you. He is coming at it from the other side, where he has completed his studies and is ready to start his career, so its kind of natural he would have this viewpoint. Do you have someone you trust, who you can talk these doubts over with? There is no harm in considering the negative side, its best to go into it fully informed & with your eyes open. But ultimately only you can decide what is right for you.

Oh and re your comments about the party lifestyle, being irresponsible etc... I partied all through my late teens & twenties, was completely irresponsible, didn't look after my diet or health etc. And I totally regret it now. It was a complete waste of time, resources and brain cells. Just thought I would give that viewpoint

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (22-01-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    To be completely honest, I am really surprised to learn that you are in your early 20's. You always come across here as very level-headed and mature
    Thanks, I don't like revealing how young I am on the general board as it seems to be frowned upon so *puts on fake moustache* I'm late 20s

I did a lot of thinking after the initial replies on here, spoke to a counselor, my supportive family and my close friends, even fob. My support has dwindled a little as my mums boyfriend convinced two more of my siblings that I should terminate and they should convince me to *rolls eyes* though my mum seems to be excited so perhaps all is not lost on that side, she was the same age as me when she started her family so maybe she just knows what it was like too, not sure there. Fob has decided to meet the baby and put in to buy some of the nursery items which is a pretty big flip, I think his new lady might have something to do with that. My ex before fob is my dp again now and super supportive, though he'd prefer this didn't happen in the first place (well der, it wouldn't be a predicament if it didn't happen lol).
    In another thread I made about living in a share house, there were a lot of great comments on how to deal with baby and uni, as well as housemates and thanks to all the supportive ladies over there I came to a good agreement with my housemates about having baby in this house still which makes it a little less daunting (although does have some different obstacles).

Overall I think I'm pretty happy that I'm going ahead with this and with how supportive everyone on here, and the majority of people in my life have been. I think if I didn't have you ladies I might've let them convince me to terminate. Now whenever they bring it up (step bro came up a few weeks ago and pretty much told me I'm being an immature idiot and have no idea what I'm doing, well gee thanks) I stand my ground. It led to a big fight with my sister and my step bro got very upset when I refused to talk to him about it again but they need to let me be sheesh.

Thank you all again ^____^

4. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    So glad you have come to a decision you are happy with, congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: So Confused

I'm glad you're happy with YOUR (no one else's) decision.

You come across as very capable so I'm sure you will manage bub and uni fine.

I had my first at 20 with plenty of 'you'd be better off if...' comments. I now have two sons, who will be 7 and 4 this year

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (22-01-2013)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    Thanks, I don't like revealing how young I am on the general board as it seems to be frowned upon so *puts on fake moustache* I'm late 20s

I did a lot of thinking after the initial replies on here, spoke to a counselor, my supportive family and my close friends, even fob. My support has dwindled a little as my mums boyfriend convinced two more of my siblings that I should terminate and they should convince me to *rolls eyes* though my mum seems to be excited so perhaps all is not lost on that side, she was the same age as me when she started her family so maybe she just knows what it was like too, not sure there. Fob has decided to meet the baby and put in to buy some of the nursery items which is a pretty big flip, I think his new lady might have something to do with that. My ex before fob is my dp again now and super supportive, though he'd prefer this didn't happen in the first place (well der, it wouldn't be a predicament if it didn't happen lol).
    In another thread I made about living in a share house, there were a lot of great comments on how to deal with baby and uni, as well as housemates and thanks to all the supportive ladies over there I came to a good agreement with my housemates about having baby in this house still which makes it a little less daunting (although does have some different obstacles).

Overall I think I'm pretty happy that I'm going ahead with this and with how supportive everyone on here, and the majority of people in my life have been. I think if I didn't have you ladies I might've let them convince me to terminate. Now whenever they bring it up (step bro came up a few weeks ago and pretty much told me I'm being an immature idiot and have no idea what I'm doing, well gee thanks) I stand my ground. It led to a big fight with my sister and my step bro got very upset when I refused to talk to him about it again but they need to let me be sheesh.

Thank you all again ^____^
    Ah see now you've led me astray. You're not in your early 20's at all, you're practically an old lady That fits more with the mental image I had of you (stalker much?) But after your first post above I adjusted that to a 20 or 21yo uni student. It's all good, it's re-adjusted now lol

I'm glad you've come to a decision you are happy with though, it's so hard when everyone has their opinions but at the end of the day you have to listen to your own heart, and live with your own choices. They will all melt with love when they meet your LO

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (22-01-2013),αληθη  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So Confused

hope it's okay if I join, I need advice!
    Hmm a bit worried, been waiting all day for a call to hear about the results of my blood test yesterday. called up the doctor and they made me an appointment for tomorrow to talk to my GP. is this a good or bad sign? I'm approximately 8 weeks. and yesterday was my first app.

geez way to make a girl stress I'm so worried!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jorjarenee View Post
    hope it's okay if I join, I need advice!
    Hmm a bit worried, been waiting all day for a call to hear about the results of my blood test yesterday. called up the doctor and they made me an appointment for tomorrow to talk to my GP. is this a good or bad sign? I'm approximately 8 weeks. and yesterday was my first app.

geez way to make a girl stress I'm so worried!
    hello. Try to keep calm. When you see your doctor then you can start making plans.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Whatever decisuon you make be sure it's what YOU have decided and not what people have decided for you.

I was just shy of 18 when I fell pg to DS1. I certainly wasn't ready, I had no career, no travel time, no support (apart from my mother) But I decided I wanted to keep my baby and make the best of a hard situation. He is now turning 6 on Aus day and I couldn't imagine life without my colourful DS1

Im now a few months shy of 25 and have 3 children It is tough sometimes but I think if you want this, the love you have for your child is all the maturity you need as you will be willing to learn and adjust along the way!

Pm me anytime xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    Please don't feel like you have to lie about your age, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to judge you based on age. Plus, you may make some people change their stance on young parents

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default So Confused

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Please don't feel like you have to lie about your age, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to judge you based on age. Plus, you may make some people change their stance on young parents
    I actually think the members who made me hide my age are gone but it's become habit. Lol. It doesn't matter anyway, I don't know anyone else's age