+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default single and pregnant and feeling very alone

Hi everyone i already wrote a similar post however i don't think anybody responded so il reach out again, I'm pregnant at 30 the father wants nothing to do with it and i haven't heard from him again. I feel so alone, is there any support out there or if anyone thinks they can help me find some strength that would be amazing... i had my first trimester scan too, so many mixed emotions. I have struggled always with depression and not being able to take medication feels like I'm sinking into a hole.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this.
    Do you have any mum friends?
    Perhaps your midwife can get you into a support group of some kind?
    When your baby is born there will be mums group you will be placed with which is wonderful.
    Bring it up at your next appointment, your mental health is just as important as your physical health at this point.
    Let us know how you go xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Big hugs Hun, I've not been in this situation but couldn't just read and run xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this.
    Do you have any mum friends?
    Perhaps your midwife can get you into a support group of some kind?
    When your baby is born there will be mums group you will be placed with which is wonderful.
    Bring it up at your next appointment, your mental health is just as important as your physical health at this point.
    Let us know how you go xxx
    Great advice here. Make sure you take good care of yourself so you can be the best mum to you little one. I completely agree a mother's group would be a wonderful support. You didn't mention any family, are they close by and able to be relied upon? Bubhub can be a great place to get support as well. Big hugs to you and I hope everything works out well for you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs to u! It's a difficult time going thorough pregnancy but remember that soon you won't ever be alone again, a little person will love you and you will love him or her unconditionally! It's the best love there is :-)
    Since DD was born I've been more social than ever with mothers groups, library babies and rimes, going to breastfeeding association meetings... it's really wonderful. Have you tried meetup.com there's loads of mums or mums to be groups or you can make your own

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Giant I'm in a similar position as you - fob wants nothing to do with the baby so we refuse to talk to each other. I'm here to talk to if you like, and perhaps if we live near each other I can be some support for you. Another option is a counsellor or if you have close family? My dad was my strength the first couple weeks of this pregnancy but now I'm getting much more independent and confident again. Pm me if you'd like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speak to your GP and Ob/midwife - there are some types of medications for depression you can take during pregnancy, maybe there is something that would be suitable for you?

I found that the mums group I joined via my community health centre was great for emotional support after my DD was born, it really helped me get through each day knowing other people were experiencing the same challenges with their little ones (and having an outing to look forward to helped too).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Young single soon to be mum

Hey!
    I know how you single parents are feeling, it is horrible but day by day it should get easier.. I'm 19 years old, was with a bloke and fell pregnant but since then he's gone back to his 'ex girlfriend' and she's just had a child herself..
    i had only found out when I was already 31 weeks! And the emotions I felt where crazy, I'm only a slim person and hadn't had any signs or symptoms that I'd be pregnant then at 33 weeks I just expanded!
    I thought in my mind well he deserves to know either way, and I told him and now he's telling me to say its someone else's? And not his and all this stuff.
    Ive been saying to people who are not close family or friends it was a guy I was seeing and he wants nothing to do with me or the baby, which is true! It's just so hard. I'm now 40wks 2 days, and will be having an induction in a week!
    Im all a bit scared nervous and all the rest, I'm 1cm dilated and very scared something happens to my body and I google it! Which is properly the wrong thing to do.. So really I'm just asking for any advice or help on what I should/shouldn't do or if I'm doing what's right or wrong?
    Thanks

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie93 View Post
    Hey!
    I know how you single parents are feeling, it is horrible but day by day it should get easier.. I'm 19 years old, was with a bloke and fell pregnant but since then he's gone back to his 'ex girlfriend' and she's just had a child herself..
    i had only found out when I was already 31 weeks! And the emotions I felt where crazy, I'm only a slim person and hadn't had any signs or symptoms that I'd be pregnant then at 33 weeks I just expanded!
    I thought in my mind well he deserves to know either way, and I told him and now he's telling me to say its someone else's? And not his and all this stuff.
    Ive been saying to people who are not close family or friends it was a guy I was seeing and he wants nothing to do with me or the baby, which is true! It's just so hard. I'm now 40wks 2 days, and will be having an induction in a week!
    Im all a bit scared nervous and all the rest, I'm 1cm dilated and very scared something happens to my body and I google it! Which is properly the wrong thing to do.. So really I'm just asking for any advice or help on what I should/shouldn't do or if I'm doing what's right or wrong?
    Thanks
    What do you mean about what your doing is right or wrong?
    I'll be 20 when mine's born and the father doesn't want anything to do with the baby either. pm me if you want to talk and stuff we can be young buddies Sounds like your ex is in denial, but it may be his jerky way of coping. Hope he stops being a jerk and admits that it's his.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone who responded to my post, firstly thank you for going to the effort for caring! Your response has prompted my realisation that i need to see a doctor and take care of my mental health at this point. I work interstate so i need to try and keep it together until i can get to a doctors.
    I live in East Brighton if any ladies are in the area and felt like a chat. I don't have mum friends but perhaps being on this site will change that over time.