+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes and no. I love Christmas but I now have the stress of seeing what ex is going to demand to do with the kids in regards to visitation on Christmas day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Is Christmas a stressful time for you?

This year is going to be the easiest xmas I have had in years! Only because it will be so spread out and I won't have to worry about certain presents till after xmas (yay!).

Xmas day is going to be difficult because my DP's family doesn't want me there (long story) but I will be doing lunch at my sisters with my dad. My mums xmas is going to be on the 6th of Jan (usually on boxing day but more family arguments there) and then DP and I have his daughter in Feb for xmas.

In previous yrs its been xmas eve.with my dad, xmas day with DP's family then boxing day with my mum. I hated it. It was so hectic! And expensive! And it will be the same next yr. But the expenses are going down because we are only buying for the kids and secret Santa. I have a niece and 2 nephews and DP has a nephew so its cheaper than buying for everyone

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Nope not stressed at all. All presents are wrapped and ready, and we leave on our holiday on the 21st, so no having to cook and clean on Xmas will be great.

Getting through the next week however, whilst I wait for DH to start holidays is going to be hell.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a little stressful this year as we are still living at my folks and hope to move into our new house a couple of days before Christmas.

I do not feel any Christmas spirit atm which bothers me as I am usually a Christmas tragic with everything decorated, carols playing etc and so far there is very little of this.

Shopping feels like a chore this year rather than being fun..but hopefully by Christmas Eve I will be calm and looking forward to the next day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Is Christmas a stressful time for you?

The only thing I am stressed about is having a Christmas baby. I hope this baby comes before or after, just not Christmas Day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Yes. I am stsrting to feel the stress of it all now and am not enjoying the feeling of it at all. This is the most organised i have ever been though.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is Christmas a stressful time for you?

LOL after looking at some other posts yes this year is both financially and emotionally stressful.
    I have almost maxed my credit card (limits 2k and this is just this mth so I don't owe heaps) as rates, bills, a big vet bill & Xmas have all come at once.
    I don't get a Xmas bonus and work is pretty stressful ATM workload wise and stressed out boss' creating an uncomfortable environment.
    But to hell with it my kids have presents (even if I still have to wrap) and I have come so far this year I'll cop a crappy month, the last few have been awesome.
    Merry Chrissy!
    Last edited by sandy cheeks; 14-12-2012 at 21:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. All I need right now is for family to leave me alone as I just can't cope with the crap anymore and the amount of damage they've done to my life. Yet Christmas looms and so does family.... I wish I could afford to take off somewhere with DS tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not really. We think christmas is kind of stupid in a general sense do often don't bother catching up with family until its all over. Also we're pretty brutal, if we dont want to see family and just hang out at home then thats what we do.

I also do all the present shopping months in advance to knock that over. Everything is posted by start of december.

Thanks
    Reviews

Not for me but it is for my mum, emotionally as her mother took her own life 2 days before Christmas when she was just 18 years old.

She always seems to hold it together as I didn't find out what happened until I was 18 myself, but since then, I always see a tinge of sadness in her eye. But hopefully now she has a grandchild, it will be a special Christmas this year.