+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is Christmas a stressful time for you?

Financially? Emotionally?

It is for me in the sense that DH and I both have divorced parents so we have to have 4 Christmas celebrations each year. I actually am happy to have 4 although it can just get a little tiring towards the end. Also, organising it can be stressful when trying to keep everyone happy but I am grateful this is the extent of my stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Is Christmas a stressful time for you?

Not really. If anything it's a boring time and perhaps slightly depressing.
    I don't have any family or anything to do, add public holidays in and it just equals boring.
    I only have to buy for my kids so financially it's not a big deal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Money wise - no, Christmas is a great time for us as DH gets Christmas bonus. But he stresses work wise as companies are most stressed around this time and they take it out on the delivery company. It takes a toll on DH which in turn can bring stress to the house as he might be tired or in a bad mood. Its stressful in that respect.

Thanks
    Reviews

Nope, I love Christmas and budget for it throughout the year

I don't find it stressful but then again we stay home and everyone comes to us.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

No to both. Like B&R, DP often gets an Xmas bonus. Plus we don't go crazy on spending so it's not too bad. Oh and DS'd child care closes down so we have the extra $ that usually goes on his fees.
    DP also gets annual leave until mid Jan so it's pretty relaxed. Both our sets of parents are divorced too, but fortunately everyone lives relatively close and gets along ok, so what we do is get all the grandparents to our place for breakfast, and then do one family lunch and sometimes somewhere else for dinner, and see the other two grandparents on another day. No way in hell would I do 4 stops in one day, that would be far too stressful! OP could you do something similar and have everyone at your place so you don't have to go to them? Maybe on Xmas eve or Boxing Day. Then do 2 parents on Xmas day and alternate the next year.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have 4 celebrations in one day, they are spread out. However, they are spread out just before Christmas (the week before) and it is like doing a full Christmas day (or a portion of it) 4 times in one week. It is okay we are used it to now and although everyone is amicable there is no way it would be comfortable to have them all in the same room Thanks for the advice though and I am glad some families can make it easy on people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not really, it is the time I look forward to most all year. The lead up is hectic and crazy but once christmas eve arrives I am super stoked because it means a break from work, and no one else is at work either so I won't be getting calls and I won't come back to chaos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Not really. We have small families and do something low key, and don't spend much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only because everybody else seems stressed! There are so many more people about, more traffic, crowds, the shops are crazy busy every day. The season itself I love, Summer is gorgeous with so much fresh produce around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    financially yes. emotionally no i love Christmas time.

I love the hussel and bussel (sp) of the shops i love smiling at people who seem so stressed in a way i hope helps them de-stress a little