+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    These threads always interest me. I try to give to charities throughout the year, and usually donate on the spur of the moment. (Obviously I have to have the dollars available, and there may happen to be one of the charities set up at the local shops or whatever looking for donations). I donate toys, clothes and books etc to the Salvos (or paraquad, or anglicare - the bins near my shops) throughout the year. I too look at what's for sale online and wonder how it's affected the local charities.

I got jaded regarding wishing trees as I found out one year (I never asked again) that my step children had received gifts from one. Their presents from their mother would have equated to $500 each and they had presents from their father and I as well.

But how do you determine who is "needy"? It's obviously a risk you take.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default What if Santa forgot?

We give to our local salvos toy drive, because of DHs job I KNOW every toy gets donated. Otherwise I wouldn't donate. I hope they are all going to the less fortunate.

We always give to the older ones because they always get forgotten.

I have heard lots of terrible stories about all the charity stores especially with worker getting "first pick" I find it extremely disheartening. So every time I want to donate I give to the woman's refuge or the local hospital etc.