+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks soo much!! gives me a much better idea of what i need to do! DH has bought me some fruit trees for an early xmas gift so my collection in veggies and fruit trees are growing Thanks so much everyone for your tips, advice and ideas!! Now to keep the possums at bay as I keep the dog out! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    garden fencing.jpg

Here is the make-shift fencing I've put in place. I'm not sure how sturdy it is going to be during a storm, though for now I think it will do. My only regret is not making the space a little big bigger, but as it is plastic fencing I know I can always buy some more and stretch it out further as needed.

The front panel to the left of the two stakes close together only has one wire-tie at the top so I can actually open that left panel up and close it for access.

Once I put another 1-2 beds in there I don't think I'll get the mower in there so might have to think about things until that time comes.

What do you think?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    An option for a gate we did when we had a fence around the veggie garden is to put 1 post in at 'gate distance' from your first post and then another post in the ground just a litttle bit right next to (as in touching) your first post. This is the post that you will pick up and open out to form the gate. Put what ever you're going to use between each of the posts and attach with zip ties. You might need to fashion some thickish wire or a zip tie in a big loop so that it fits over the top of the 2 posts that are close together, that will make the gate latch and keep the post that you pick up and open upright when the gate is closed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

troopingfairy  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks good! I think as long as your posts are sturdy in the ground you shouldn't have too much trouble with it in a storm.

Bec has made a great suggestion for a gate. If you are putting more beds in, and don't want to have to bother mowing that small patch of grass in the meantime, you could always poison the grass in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My only worry with poisoning the grass is we have an inspection due in the next few weeks and the real estate we are with can be really funny about things.. I have actually planted an orange and a guava tree in that small fenced-in area and really dreading what they are going to say about it.

Although I know I can easily remove the trees when/if we were to move house and make sure the grass is fertilised ect to help it grow back in healthily, the real estate don't like any change taking place in the house or yard, which restricts us as a family to enjoy the home, if that makes sense?

Atleast all I have done with this fence is put stakes in the ground, everything else is tied with wire so I know they shouldn't care about it too much