+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    I'm leaning towards a Mazda 2 ������������ but still have a lot of research to do!
    If you want something on the low end of your budget 5-7k then look at a Nissan pulsar or old lancer (2000) model. You will pick those up cheap. They are cheap to fix and heaps of Parts around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I picked up an old done up lancer 2001 model for 4k.
    Also a 1998 pular for 2k.
    Both go well no issue.
    Depends how long you want the car for.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cheap small car

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Can someone with a Yaris tell me, are the anchor points for child restraints in the ceiling of the car? I've been looking at them on a car sales website and can't see the anchor points in them, so I assume they are in the ceiling...is that right?
    Mine are on the back of the back seat..in the boot I guess! I live my yaris by the way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Cheap small car

Quote Originally Posted by jetaime View Post
    Mine are on the back of the back seat..in the boot I guess! I live my yaris by the way
    Oh great, thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ok well I found a Yaris for pretty much EXACTLY what I would get for my Camry....seriously contemplating putting my car up for sale and possibly asking one of my parents for a quick loan of the money until I can sell mine. I would have to go to a manual after having had autos for so long, but to get a car that uses approximately HALF the fuel of the Camry, it's something I have to consider. I can still drive manuals so that's not a problem. Eek, what to do. Oh and the Yaris is in my favourite colour too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok well I found a Yaris for pretty much EXACTLY what I would get for my Camry....seriously contemplating putting my car up for sale and possibly asking one of my parents for a quick loan of the money until I can sell mine. I would have to go to a manual after having had autos for so long, but to get a car that uses approximately HALF the fuel of the Camry, it's something I have to consider. I can still drive manuals so that's not a problem. Eek, what to do. Oh and the Yaris is in my favourite colour too.
    @Hollywood did you end up getting the yaris?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    @Hollywood did you end up getting the yaris?
    No, I got an Echo, so basically the older model if what is now a Yaris, have had it just under a year. It's been really reliable and REALLY fuel efficient. I can get about 600 - 700km from $50 worth of fuel, saves me heaps of money.

However I met DP since that last post and we've got 5 kids between us, so now we're thinking about getting a 7 seater car to swap with mine (he's a tradie so he's got a Commodore wagon for work). There goes the fuel efficient car!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I got an Echo, so basically the older model if what is now a Yaris, have had it just under a year. It's been really reliable and REALLY fuel efficient. I can get about 600 - 700km from $50 worth of fuel, saves me heaps of money.

However I met DP since that last post and we've got 5 kids between us, so now we're thinking about getting a 7 seater car to swap with mine (he's a tradie so he's got a Commodore wagon for work). There goes the fuel efficient car!! Lol
    We've just bought a seven seater Prius - fuel efficient, stylish and spacious.

Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    DD natural November 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP we also have a Corolla. I think it ticks all your boxes, and they are very reliable too.

Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    DD natural November 2013

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMoon View Post
    We've just bought a seven seater Prius - fuel efficient, stylish and spacious.
    Is that the Prius V? I so want one....but can't really justify it with only 1 child. How much do you get out of a tank?