+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,
    I have a micra and i LOOOOVVVVEEEE it! its very spacious inside (for a small car) and the boot space is more than adequate (I fit the pram and the groceries) I only have DD and shes in a rear facing seat and I think I'll be able to use till a 3rd baby comes along. I had a fiesta 3 door before and it wasn't nearly as good as the micra, AND its cute
    Seriously yesterday I had the baby myself my mum and my dad, the pram and some serious christmas shopping and we were all comfy!
    I should add I spend about $40-$50 for a full tank I fill it up once a month now I'm a SAHM and when I worked (20km away) I'd fill it up once every 10 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Toyota - yaris or corolla
    Honda Jazz
    suzuki swift
    Mazda either the 2 or 3

That's what I would stick too. You can't go wrong with any of the above.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (14-12-2012),Jensha  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Toyota - yaris or corolla
    Honda Jazz
    suzuki swift
    Mazda either the 2 or 3

That's what I would stick too. You can't go wrong with any of the above.
    I really think you can't go past a Japanese car. My parents have a Toyota Echo that is... goodness knows how old... 11 years? Do you know what they have had to do to it so far apart from servicing?.... change the wiper blades!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (14-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cheap small car

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I really think you can't go past a Japanese car. My parents have a Toyota Echo that is... goodness knows how old... 11 years? Do you know what they have had to do to it so far apart from servicing?.... change the wiper blades!
    I agree! They just keep on keeping on!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Cheap small car

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    This is exactly what my mechanic said. Can't go wrong with any japanese make.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cheap small car

I had a Mazda 2. Was brilliant. 5 seats, 5 doors. 600kms out of a tank and $45 to fuel. Very zippy and decent leg, boot space. This was the old style model though not sure on the new style. I had mine new from 2007-2009

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cheap small car

I have one of the newer mazda 2 (2008 Genki), beautiful japanese built car. I have had it for 5 years (since the new style was on the market) and the only problem I have had is a faulty power mirror switch that has been replaced twice under warranty. Excellent safety rating and safety features too. Servicing costs about $180 every 6 months from my mazda dealer. I get about 400km out of the tank (its an auto) which costs me around $40 to fill. Its big enough for my family of 3 and i think it will still be big enough if we expand to a family of 4. It is a pleasure to drive and handles like a medium sized car. Everyone that drives it comments on how lovely it is to drive.

It doesnt have a huge boot space but it does fit my steelcraft agile and nappy bag in it if i take one wheel off.

Its a great run around in my opinion and would suit your needs. You would be able to pick one up new or second hand within your price range.
    Last edited by Taiyed; 14-12-2012 at 09:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All my cars have been cheap, small cars but I never buy one that doesn't have at least 3/5 stars for safety rating. I found my 1990 Mitsubishi Lancer to be the most reliable I've ever had!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Cheap small car

See, and i test drove the micra and wanted to get out and push. I wouldn't want to drive it anywhere that there are hills.

What's your budget and expectation op?

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cheap small car

I love my Suzuki swift. Reliable, cheap to run, decent size back seat room, retain value well