+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As its only for you and your DD definately look at the Mazda 2.

We wanted a car that was as small as we could handle for the 5 of us and was more cheaper on fuel costs. We ended up going with a Mazda 3 and we are very happy. Its a great little car with a lot of power.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Cheap small car

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi magna. It's not overly small but it is really cheap on petrol (about $60 to fill the tank from near empty) paid $5000 for it. Lots of boot space too. It is an older car though obviously not sure if you're after something newer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont know much about small cars. But please include safety features in your research. Its worth spending a bit more for a car that will offer you and your child more safety in an accident, particularly in a small car which can obviously cop the worst of it in a serious accident with a larger heavier vehicle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about a ford focus??? I'm pretty sure you can get them in 4 door and they are super cheap on fuel.

Are you looking for new or second hand?? That makes a big difference

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cheap small car

Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    I dont know much about small cars. But please include safety features in your research. Its worth spending a bit more for a car that will offer you and your child more safety in an accident, particularly in a small car which can obviously cop the worst of it in a serious accident with a larger heavier vehicle.
    Very true.

The Getz has a 4 star a cap rating too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Cheap small car

Skoda fabia wiped the floor with Hyundai, ford, Nissan and Holden in the new small car category.

Ancap 5, 40 litre tank does about 5 litres per 100km depending on how you drive it (i drove angry for a week and did an average of 9 litres oops lol)
    Has power, but also holds the road brilliantly (only a 1.2 litre engine but well balanced turbo). It gets up hills and happily does highway driving at 110 while still being fuel efficient. Includes blue tooth, cruise control, speed limiter and electronic dash as standard.

5 door and a good amount of space in it. Skoda only needs servicing once a year within warranty so you save money there too.

Can you tell i love my car? And it was well under 20k drive away (i paid 16 with trade in on ex demo)

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect
    Last edited by Izy; 14-12-2012 at 07:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sil was in the same situation (her dd is even the same age as yours) my husband and her dad told her toyota corolla or nothing. They are cheap to run, easy for parts, very safe and they hold their value alot better then alot of other cars.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cheap small car

Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Have a look at the new VW Up - has superior safety (5star ancap), excellent fuel economy and the reassurance of a European car. Believe the starting price is $13,990 on the road - crazy cheap for a VW
    They're only 2 door I was so excited when I saw the ad!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cheap small car

Oops, manual only sorry, they do have a 5 door option. I only have auto licence

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I bought a 2011 suzuki swift last year, I love it. I work 5 days per week, I fill the tank for ~$55 and that lasts me over two weeks, including getting to and from work, to and from shops, my parents house, etc. I have taken it on a few long-distance drives and wow, it holds its own. Of course, it's nowhere near as powerful as a large car, but compared to the other small cars I've driven I didn't hold up traffic, even uphill.