Closed Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 50/50 Shared Care: Do you think it is realistic?

There is a lot of good information on shared care contained within this article

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/f...-1225960157922

It's clearly a developmental disaster for children, who under perform at school, use up their emotional resources trying to switch from one home dynamic to another, and cannot fail to be affected by the tension that results from two estranged parents constantly attempting to negotiate arrangements.

For example, boys in shared care are more likely to have hyperactivity and attention problems.

Many of the problems seen by these kids are those seen in foster kids ie attachment disorders and disturbances coming from not having a consistent environment.

Every person deserves a stable, consistent home. I have no idea why this is lost sight of when it comes to children, especially those already dealing with breakup.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (16-12-2012),HappyBovinexx  (16-12-2012),LotusMum  (16-12-2012),shelle65  (16-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I have a casual job too, but the nature of casual jobs is that they give you what they have; some weeks you might have the perfect amount of shifts on days you want, but then the next week they might not give you any/many.
    You keep saying that you think 50/50 has great benefits for all involved, including the children, but out of curiosity, what are these benefits in your opinion? Specifically the ones relating to the children?
    For the children in our case, the opportunity to have a more involved relationship with dad, at dads house on dads terms. The opportunity to participate in out of school activities including play dates etc on dads week ( in mums time it's no I have no $$ or time or mum doesn't see the point/benefit including of swimming lessons )
    For the child to not feel like they are missing out with in our case dad.
    Also for the record I would prefer to share 50/50 care with my ex. I don't doubt that a single parent household can be a bit stressful. In our situation we would prefer to assist with preferably 50/50 care to assist ease some of that stress.
    In our situation in ideal circumstances with 2 bio parents who can do the right thing in a 50/50 arrangement it would benefit the children's lifestyle financially and emotionally.

I think the generalization of single parent receiving welfare occurs because its what you hear of most.

I live in the suburbs so I doubt there's many single mums out here on that kind of income. In saying that why should a single mum who has obviously studied/worked hard to achieve that be paying full childcare rate when in a 2 parent family 1 person chooses to not work/ work little pays much less? Hope that makes sense.

From ALOT of what I've read childcare is a pretty big financial issue especially for a single parent regardless of income. Definetly seems like an area that is flawed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I vote that this thread has run its course. Is there a pink wand handy???

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: 50/50 Shared Care: Do you think it is realistic?

Sorry. Haven't been reading. Shall close and check it out later. Feel few to report a post and politely ask a thread be closed in instances such as this, then any mod online will see

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: 50/50 Shared Care: Do you think it is realistic?

On my phone... Is it closed ladies? Pm me if yes

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect