Closed Thread
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 50/50 Shared Care: Do you think it is realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    Yep everything with CSA is legit, they know care percentage I think but I refuse him trying to reduce CS due to medical or travel expenses we incur/ pay I think it's nitpicking & childish. And it's actually a couple thousand extra we pay. But again I never have not would begrudge this😊

We do not financially support his ex that was in response to the suggestion that he continues to support the arrangement they had as a couple, of her only working part time
    If that's your choice (to not get a reassessment) then you can't really complain about it. The system has that there to make it more fair, but you have to utilise it.

Whether she works or not is no ones business but hers.

It sounds like less than ideal situation for your husband, I realise it must be hard and frustrating. How old are the kids? Have they expressed that they would like to spend more time at your end?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    and I should add before leaving this thread alone lol is if that the bio mum isn't working or married, then clearly her source of income is CL. We have a rule at 6 they have to do something with themselves. Which I think is fair but somewhat near sighted.

So we are only talking a couple of years where bio mum is on SPP, and the bio dad is paying a bit more in CS.

It's not like bio mum stays on SPP for 17 years and her ex is wholy support her. That CS is for the child. Technically is the govt that is supporting mum unless she's getting 1500 p/f in CS...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (16-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just because I didn't give birth to those kids doesn't mean I'd be happy for them to live in poverty.
    I didn't say that.

As with all these threads the $$ aspect always becomes a focus & truth is it does impact greatly on the welfare of a child.
    I didn't say that either? Odd. Maybe have a re-read?

Also you keep saying that if you guys had 50/50, then the mum could work fulltime without CC costs and all would be sunshine and lollipops and the children would live happily ever after.
    What happens when it's the week the mum has the kids for her week?
    Apologies if you have explained this already, I have not read all the replies, a certain members posts make my head hurt and I just can't concentrate properly afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The ex hubby or taxpayer shouldn't pay for the luxury of you being a SAHM.
    OHHHH here we go. The almighty taxpayer.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (16-12-2012),mama and her little bearxxx  (16-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 50/50 Shared Care: Do you think it is realistic?

Anyway as it happens, all the partnered sahms cost the tax payer far more in FTb

If every single partnered SAHM getting a higher rate of FTb returned to work, then the govt would save far more money than if the single sahms did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I am out of this conversation. It is just too upsetting. I cannot support the idea that children should be taken from their stay at home mother or mother who does majority care, for the sake of 50/50 care. Taken from everything they have ever known, at a time when they may already be hurting by the separation. Sorry, but that is cruel, callous and makes no sense. It is a pro-father, but anti-child ideal at best.
    I am absolutely aghast!
    The thought of DS1 or my SS suddenly having to have a 50/50 custody arrangement just to make things "even", renders me speechless.
    They would both suffer irreparable emotional and psychological damage.
    Even my ex who is a drop kick parent would be able to see that.
    My DH is a fantastic Dad because he knew keeping his son in close proximity was NOT in his sons best interest (for reasons previously mentioned). Pretty selfless and courageous if you ask me.
    It's just a heartbreaking thought that people actually believe this.
    I admire those who make it work. But the attitudes of some posters is plain scary. It seems all about tit for tat, CS and making people "pay".
    The children seem forgotten in all of this.
    Last edited by faroutbrusselsprout; 16-12-2012 at 12:46.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

delirium  (16-12-2012),Deserama  (16-12-2012),HappyBovinexx  (16-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    If that's your choice (to not get a reassessment) then you can't really complain about it. The system has that there to make it more fair, but you have to utilise it.

Whether she works or not is no ones business but hers.

It sounds like less than ideal situation for your husband, I realise it must be hard and frustrating. How old are the kids? Have they expressed that they would like to spend more time at your end?
    I just think in regard to the 50/50 topic ALOT of her so called stumbling blocks for a better more financially stable life could be overcome. That was my point in relation to the thread, that I think 50/50 care can have great benefits. I don't care what amount of CS DH pays, and me personally I don't think it's fair to kids to have CS reduced based on medical expenses we believe are basic & necessary ie private health insurance, regular dental care, braces, prescription sunglasses & goggles. Things BM doesn't see as essential.
    I also think it sends a ****ty msg to the kids if dad wants to pay less CS due to expenses he has in seeing/calling them. Hope that makes sense.

Kids are 9 & 12 & already question why they cannot live here. What do you say to a child who says I'm being a really good boy, maybe you can just keep me now😱

Thanks
    Reviews

[QUOTE=CMF;6963472]I didn't say that.

I didn't say that either? Odd. Maybe have a re-read?

Also you keep saying that if you guys had 50/50, then the mum could work fulltime without CC costs and all would be sunshine and lollipops and the children would live happily ever after.
    What happens when it's the week the mum has the kids for her week?
    Apologies if you have explained this already, I have not read all the replies, a certain members posts make my head hurt and I just can't concentrate properly afterwards.

I don't know? Shorter hours that week, alternate after schoolcare that week. I really don't know

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    A lot of men really do only want increased care so child support is reduced.
    Deleted
    Last edited by ItWasntMe; 16-12-2012 at 13:23.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I am absolutely aghast!
    The thought of DS1 or my SS suddenly having to have a 50/50 custody arrangement just to make things "even", renders me speechless.
    They would both suffer irreparable emotional and psychological damage.
    Even my ex who is a drop kick parent would be able to see that.
    My DH is a fantastic Dad because he knew keeping his sob was NOT in his sons best interest (for reasons previously mentioned). Pretty selfless and courageous if you ask me.
    It's just a heartbreaking thought that people actually believe this.
    I admire those who make it work. But the attitudes of some posters is plain scary. It seems all about tit for tat, CS and making people "pay".
    The children seem forgotten in all of this.
    I agree, it's heartbreaking.

Thanks
    Reviews

I just think in regard to the 50/50 topic ALOT of her so called stumbling blocks for a better more financially stable life could be overcome. That was my point in relation to the thread, that I think 50/50 care can have great benefits. I don't care what amount of CS DH pays, and me personally I don't think it's fair to kids to have CS reduced based on medical expenses we believe are basic & necessary ie private health insurance, regular dental care, braces, prescription sunglasses & goggles. Things BM doesn't see as essential.
    I also think it sends a ****ty msg to the kids if dad wants to pay less CS due to expenses he has in seeing/calling them. Hope that makes sense.

Kids are 9 & 12 & already question why they cannot live here. What do you say to a child who says I'm being a really good boy, maybe you can just keep me now😱
    I think all I needed to see in your situation was what the kids wanted. I don't agree with 50/50 shared care unless the (older) child wants to try it. Are there court orders in place to stop a trial of it at least?