Closed Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 50/50 Shared Care: Do you think it is realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    I also don't understand how it can possibly be beneficial for the kids who have previously always been in mums care and never in childcare to suddenly have to go to care on dads week so that dad can work, but that childcare placement would still then need to be paid for on mums week regardless of whether it was needed or not.
    I would assume everything cost wise like care school fees etc would be split 50/50

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

It definitely can work and yes, I think it's ideal in that children have the right to spend time with both parents and both families. Generally speaking, one parent is no better than the other, both are just as capable if providing a loving, stable home. As a parent in a blended family I can definitely see the benefits of this for the kids.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (13-12-2012)

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My reading of the research is that it is not the proportion of time children spend with their parents, but the ability of the parents to co-parent civilly that matters. Personally, I am all for fathers, and I think they perform a role in the child's life that I as a mother cannot. Which is ironic as my children don't have a father in their life. I feel no sense of ownership of my children. I feel that Esme has a right to know her father in a real and authentic way. I don't think that fortnightly weekends gives a child an opportunity to really know thier other parent. I would be the best parent ever if I only saw my child two days a fortnight! Never cranky or busy, and always with something awesome planned.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SPC For This Useful Post:

HowCrazyCool  (13-12-2012),Izy  (16-12-2012),Lovemyfam  (13-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I would love our youngest 50/50 but man I would be so scared as to wether it would be best for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its good it doesnt make the kid believe that 1 parent is better than the other, it doesnt make them visitors in one home. It allows both parents, both step parents and both families step siblings able to be a family, the child is open up to being a family member. It allows important bonds with siblings most likely will make the child feel more secure in where they belong in both families.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I think its good it doesnt make the kid believe that 1 parent is better than the other, it doesnt make them visitors in one home. It allows both parents, both step parents and both families step siblings able to be a family, the child is open up to being a family member. It allows important bonds with siblings most likely will make the child feel more secure in where they belong in both families.
    But you live on other side of the world with your kids?

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

delirium  (14-12-2012),HappyBovinexx  (13-12-2012),HugsBunny  (13-12-2012),Maia  (14-12-2012),mama and her little bearxxx  (13-12-2012),PomPoms  (13-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (14-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    But you live on other side of the world with your kids?
    Ah good ole you bored again? Did you read my first post on the thread? I would quote it but rather not spend too much of my time on you entertain yourself and go back and read it.

Also they dont have siblings on his side just the one here. He is recently single and doesnt plan to ever have another relationship and like i said unless both parents are happy to live too far apart for it to work. It should be more the norm than minority
    Last edited by Lovemyfam; 13-12-2012 at 20:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Ah good ole you bored again? Did you read my first post on the thread? I would quote it but rather not spend too much of my time on you entertain yourself and go back and read it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I've always lived interstate from FOB and have never ever had to worry about access. We mostly all forget he exists unless he rings DS.
    The thought of 50/50 makes my blood run cold!
    Especially if FOB decided that now, 8 years later wanted to be part of DS's life more permanently.
    It would absolutely traumatise DS if he had to leave us every second weekend let alone a week at a time.
    It's all he's ever known for 8 years. I would fight till the death to avoid it in my situation.
    I admire those that can make it work but could never feel Ok about it for us.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its good
    Actually, I didn't ask if it was good. I asked if people thought it was realistic.

unless both parents are happy to live too far apart for it to work.
    Can you explain what you mean by this please?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast