Closed Thread
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    Depends on where you live regarding CC costs. Single parents receive a much higher CCR so out of pocket CC expenses are much smaller than a non single mother & then isn't there the rebated amount that's refunded every 3 months?? I haven't used CC for awhile so I'm probably wrong.

Again my point regarding 50/50 care is that for us BM would likely not need any after school care if she shared care the 50/50 with DH which is what this thread is about.
    I'm not a single mum either, never have been, but my understanding is you are talking about JET which has a short life before they cut it. Maybe someone else can fill in the gaps but I thought it was only paid for a short time. CCR and CCB is based on income not marital status.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default 50/50 Shared Care: Do you think it is realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    And tough luck for the kids?

Yep got it!
    Childcare doesn't kill. Being a SAHM is a lifestyle choice it isn't 'the' essential ingredient in raising a happy healthy child. If childcare was that bad it would be illegal and the government wouldn't be changing the system to encourage single parents to go back to work earlier.

So unless you can self fund your desire to be a SAHM then getting a paid job it is.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    I disagree - because it's mostly women and chikdren in this situation who lose. Maybe both parents should be forced to find adequate PT work and if the dads work don't offer that kind of flexibility then too bad he'll have to get a job at k-mart or somewhere that do.
    Yup!

If the arrangement is off for the mum...then it should be for the Dad as well. If she stayed at home while he had the luxury of working and not needing CC then that arrangement should be off once they split.

Both parents should work part time and take care of the children whilst they're in their care. Daddy dearest would have to find more flexible working ours then.

Clearly if they both have decided whilst TOGETHER that it is in the best interest of the children that the mum stays home with them that that should remain the same once they split. Because in my mind, if it's in the best interest of the children that doesn't then suddenly change if the couple split does it? They either believe it is or it isn't. They can't chop and change because it suits them better that the kids are ripped out of their original arrangement and dumped in daycare just because they split. If neither of them thought that was a viable option before then that shouldn't suddenly become a viable option when they're apart.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (16-12-2012),HappyBovinexx  (16-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I may be wrong but I dont think that CS goes up just because they are not working its based on the income of the payer so if they are studying and on benefits that wont effect the payer.
    Actually this is wrong - CS is calculated on both incomes. exDH has a set amount to pay now, but as soon as I stop work in February, his amount increases.

Likewise, his CS payments are not as much as others we know, because when working, I earn a good income. If I was a low income worker then he would have to pay more.

His brother has to pay a heap in CS because his ex claims minimal income each year (even though she has her own successful business, cash payments mainly). So CS is definitely calculated on both incomes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    They don't But the winner is the bio dad and the new wife who get to pay less CS, and get to see the ex struggle to pay her rent bc care is killing her... and of course using CL is out of the question too. As I said, vindictiveness.

As a side, I don't always agree with FOBS opinions on step parenting (but do admire her honesty), but god it was so nice to read a step mum say that they accepted her need to move and have embraced the situation. She may not like being part of a blended family but at least there is some empathy and sense there...
    Not all SM are evil vindictive people, however it's not mine nor my DH responsibility to spend the next 10 yrs financially supporting his ex due simply to the fact she only worked part time when they were together. She chooses to spend her $$ on alcohol & takeaway food.

I don't have sympathy for her worrying about paying her bills when she can move closer to us, share care 50/50, have better job, housing & education opportunities & be better off financially if she worked more.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Childcare doesn't kill. Being a SAHM is a lifestyle choice it isn't 'the' essential ingredient in raising a happy healthy child. If childcare was that bad it would be illegal and the government wouldn't be changing the system to encourage single parents to go back to work earlier.

So unless you can self fund your desire to be a SAHM then getting a paid job it is.
    If a couple doesn't believe that childcare is in the best insterest of the child, then that is a valid reason to not use childcare. Whether they have split or not...this should remain the same unless one or the other parent is trying to 'one up' on the other in which case the children lose!

The children always lose when it's about money....always always always!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (16-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm not a single mum either, never have been, but my understanding is you are talking about JET which has a short life before they cut it. Maybe someone else can fill in the gaps but I thought it was only paid for a short time. CCR and CCB is based on income not marital status.
    I think the income level is pretty generous regarding percentage of CC rate, on 90 thousand it's over 60% or something like that. So on a fairly basic wage of say 40-50 thousand it would have to be higher??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: 50/50 Shared Care: Do you think it is realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    Depends on where you live regarding CC costs. Single parents receive a much higher CCR so out of pocket CC expenses are much smaller than a non single mother & then isn't there the rebated amount that's refunded every 3 months?? I haven't used CC for awhile so I'm probably wrong.

Again my point regarding 50/50 care is that for us BM would likely not need any after school care if she shared care the 50/50 with DH which is what this thread is about.
    Yes you are very wrong in fact! CCB is based on income and not your marital status. CCR is only paid to those who are eligible (meet the work, study, training test) and once again your marital status is irrelevant.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Yes you are very wrong in fact! CCB is based on income and not your marital status. CCR is only paid to those who are eligible (meet the work, study, training test) and once again your marital status is irrelevant.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    What I was meaning is that a single parent generally has a lower income therefore has a higher percentage. A person/family on 100 thousand would receive lower rebate than family on 40 thousand.

Thanks
    Reviews

Jet is only available to welfare recipients receiving a maximum rate of Ccb and who fulfil strict eligibility criteria and has a maximum time period.

It's also only available for a certain amount of hours per week.