Closed Thread
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 50/50 Shared Care: Do you think it is realistic?

Lovemyfam do you know what re skilling means?

Sorry but someone who has been out of the workforce having children is not as employable as someone with recent experience and current skills.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

ItWasntMe  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Well the woman needs to decide it she wants to be an unpaid babysitter (SAHM) or a working parent. .
    ooookkk thanks for dismissing my job as a SAHM

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    i believe so yes - especially if that was the agreed parental arrangement prior to the split. Why should she how forced to make such a drastic changes to her situation (like separation isn't a big enough adjustment with kids involved!) just because they are no longer a couple? If he's a decent human being he should be fine with this too. Just because they separated shouldn't mean they shouldn't get to keep their arranger going. I don't necessarily mean forever though but definitely for the near future or however long it takes to re-skill if the kids are older..(?)
    If a woman leaves say because she isn't happy just because, or she's had an affair ( DH example ) why should an ex partner support their previous arrangement of them being a SAHM?

That's very flawed, I'm pretty sure it would be unreasonable of me to expect my ex to support my decision to be SAHM when I'm now married to another man???

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Well the woman needs to decide it she wants to be an unpaid babysitter (SAHM) or a working parent. She can't sit on the fence and then whine if the dad tries to help her out via as close to 50-50 as he can.
    Exactly

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    ooookkk thanks for dismissing my job as a SAHM
    Didn't mean to, was just using a phrase Mintie brought into the conversation. Mintie alluded that if a woman is looking after her kids on her terms she is a SAHM. If she looks after the kids during the day, on dads 'day' then she is an unpaid babysitter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Lovemyfam do you know what re skilling means?

Sorry but someone who has been out of the workforce having children is not as employable as someone with recent experience and current skills.
    yes I do but sometimes we have to take jobs that take no skill and suck big time to feed our families. Like scrubbing a nasty smelly butcher shop I didnt need reskilling for that there are plenty of jobs you can just walk into not needing any skills I dont think we expect anyone to jump into being a doctor or anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    If a woman leaves say because she isn't happy just because, or she's had an affair ( DH example ) why should an ex partner support their previous arrangement of them being a SAHM?

That's very flawed, I'm pretty sure it would be unreasonable of me to expect my ex to support my decision to be SAHM when I'm now married to another man???
    No, it's not! It's vindictive!

i thought we were talking about the children here, not 'getting back at the ex'!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post

You have a man to support you if that's the choice you make, single mums don't have that.

Maybe they should support the arrangement of being a SAHM bc that's what they believed was best when they were together? just bc you re marry doesn't mean your child still doesn't benefit from the set up you were more than happy with before the break up?

Just seems like vindictiveness to me? and that's a general comment not directed at anyone in particular. yep it's best for the child when we are together and everything is hunky dory. but now I've re married I want life for you and the child to be as difficult as possible bc i don't like you anymore

11. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

If you split and can't afford to be a SAHM on your own dime then you have to get a job. It's tough but that's life. The ex hubby or taxpayer shouldn't pay for the luxury of you being a SAHM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (16-12-2012),Blessedwith3boys  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ex might be a lot of things but I think god that he doesn't have the attitude that some on this thread have

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post: