Closed Thread
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    Oh Lordy I can just imagine...

'Why the heck does your mother keep moving things around where I can't find them??'

'why the hell is it so hard for your father to clean the blo*dy bathroom!!'

Omg this would never work!
    Nice in theory though

Baahaahaaa *snort*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (13-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 50/50 Shared Care: Do you think it is realistic?

Speaking as a child of the 50/50 custody - it sucks!!!

I spent one week at mums and the next at dads. Neither was home. I also never unpacked my bag, because who wants to pack, unpack, and then re-pack and re-unpack a bag every week. Which used to annoy the crap out of my dad, because he would be like, this is your home why aren't you unpacked?

I used to leave things at one house like my school jumper, or homework, and then is get in trouble for not having it at the other house. It was just very much my life flipped upside down every week.

Luckily it wasn't my entire childhood. It was probably from age 7 to 10 and then age 11 to 12. Because my mum moved at age 10 and we went with her, and then dad moved closer and then eventually away from us.

It was such a horrible thing, that if I had to go through it during the HSC I probably would have picked one and not seen the other as much.

It's hard on the kids, but sometimes parents don't see that. They just want them to spend an equal amount of time with each parent, they don't see the disruption it causes.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to us3 For This Useful Post:

delirium  (14-12-2012),Ellewood  (13-12-2012),Izy  (16-12-2012),LotusMum  (14-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (14-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Wouldn't three houses need to be maintained though? And I assume each parent would have their own room in the kids house so they didn't have to share?

Yes and now that I'm thinking about it....thinking back to when my ex suggested it I was more thinking in terms of him sleeping in my bed with the woman who broke up our family *shudders* but now all these other issues are going through my head of how complicated it would be for the parents. Perfect scenario for the kids though IF (in a perfect world) it could be managed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by us3 View Post
    Speaking as a child of the 50/50 custody - it sucks!!!

I spent one week at mums and the next at dads. Neither was home. I also never unpacked my bag, because who wants to pack, unpack, and then re-pack and re-unpack a bag every week. Which used to annoy the crap out of my dad, because he would be like, this is your home why aren't you unpacked?

I used to leave things at one house like my school jumper, or homework, and then is get in trouble for not having it at the other house. It was just very much my life flipped upside down every week.

Luckily it wasn't my entire childhood. It was probably from age 7 to 10 and then age 11 to 12. Because my mum moved at age 10 and we went with her, and then dad moved closer and then eventually away from us.

It was such a horrible thing, that if I had to go through it during the HSC I probably would have picked one and not seen the other as much.

It's hard on the kids, but sometimes parents don't see that. They just want them to spend an equal amount of time with each parent, they don't see the disruption it causes.

Yes these were the thought that was going through my head. I was soooooo against the idea that I had long decided that if my ex was going to fight me on it and the judge was going to FORCE my children into this scenario that I'd gladly give up custody and have fortnightly visitation - I was THAT against it! Thankfully it never came to that so I never had to make the ultimate sacrifice. I would have done though...to save my kids from years of this!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

Izy  (16-12-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    This is what non custodial parents go through every day so just imagine if you only got to see your child 4 days a month.
    Sometimes 4 days a month is more than the non custodial spent with the kids BEFORE the relationship ended.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (14-12-2012),CMF  (14-12-2012),Izy  (16-12-2012),mama and her little bearxxx  (13-12-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Wouldn't three houses need to be maintained though? And I assume each parent would have their own room in the kids house so they didn't have to share?
    I would think so. I just don't see how it could work otherwise. But imagine the cost of maintaining 3 houses!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (13-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    I would think so. I just don't see how it could work otherwise. But imagine the cost of maintaining 3 houses!!
    Money better spent on the kids!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (13-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    some but not all no need to nit pick
    I'm not nit picking, just trying to point out that there are a lot of grey areas in these cases.

You cannot just say 'this' should be the rule and leave it at that. Oh, except for 'this' and 'this' and 'this'.

There can be no 'blanket solution'. It's not black and white.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

LotusMum  (14-12-2012),MissMuppet  (13-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (14-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I also don't understand how it can possibly be beneficial for the kids who have previously always been in mums care and never in childcare to suddenly have to go to care on dads week so that dad can work, but that childcare placement would still then need to be paid for on mums week regardless of whether it was needed or not.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

mama and her little bearxxx  (13-12-2012),MissMuppet  (13-12-2012),PomPoms  (13-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    I also don't understand how it can possibly be beneficial for the kids who have previously always been in mums care and never in childcare to suddenly have to go to care on dads week so that dad can work, but that childcare placement would still then need to be paid for on mums week regardless of whether it was needed or not.
    Well mum would have to get job anyway so they'd be in CC both weeks.