Closed Thread
Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default 50/50 Shared Care: Do you think it is realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    There is so much wrong with your opinion here. Mostly because it fails to see reality.

I moved away. I have not taken an easy road.
    I never said women who move away have an easy time. I was basically saying a woman who moves her children away from a perfectly good and involved father because it is easier for herself is selfish.

I don't think you fit that category.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I disagree. The place of residence should be where the family resided before the split.
    Why?? What good is that if the mother lives in poverty?? How ridiculous.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Its not about wanting the mother to live in poverty. It's about the child's right to know both parents equally.

I stand by what I said: if the father is a good parent the mother shoudnt be allowed to move away. If she doesn't have family there thats just tough, she can learn to make friends. If she is in financial strife then do what other people do: get help, downgrade your housing, go back to school, do whatever is necessary. When a woman has a child she gives up her right to take the easy road and put herself first.

If the Dad is a not a good person and doesn't care about the child, well that's a different story.
    In a perfect world no mum would have to move their child away from their father that is an involved good man.... unfortunately it isn't a perfect world. I think ideally, yes it's good to stay near the father.

but what if there is no work and she can't pay the bills on Newstart? Should he be giving her more cs to pay her bills? what if the child needs to move schools for good reason? should the mother be forced to drive a hour extra each way 5 days a week to save the father an hour each way once a fortnight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I don't agree with that vic park..... Situations happen all the time like a mother who is a SAHM has moved with her husband of of state for his work.

They then split up and she has to find a rental and start life as a single mum far from home with no support network.

Happens all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Why?? What good is that if the mother lives in poverty?? How ridiculous.
    No what's ridiculous is suggesting a woman who stays where she has been living will be in poverty whereas if she moves away she will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    I never said women who move away have an easy time. I was basically saying a woman who moves her children away from a perfectly good and involved father because it is easier for herself is selfish.

AS opposed to a father being selfish by expecting his child to live in poverty to cut a few mins or hours travel time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

It's very true though - if you moved from rural NSW to Melbourne (for example) for your husbands work, then your marriage broke down, you'd be in a crappy position financially and with no support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also VicPark, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you in a happy marriage? What experience do you have with shared custody of a child in a split family?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (15-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    No what's ridiculous is suggesting a woman who stays where she has been living will be in poverty whereas if she moves away she will be fine.
    No one is saying it's a given, but yes it happens sometimes. She can't find work, can't pay the bills so moves to live with her parents to get on her feet.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (15-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (15-12-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I find it interesting that you would say that i don't fit into that category. I'm not entirely sure what you base it on. DD's dad was 'involved' and moving to where my family is has made it much easier. For a start, I can feed my child.

I had to move because my rent went up till it was more than what was coming in. I stayed as long as I could but it just wasn't possibly anymore. I am incredibly lucky that I had family in a position to help. There are many women who are not that lucky.