+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are trying to keep it easy this year - lots of cold seafood, some BBQ'd prawns & scallops, some lamb, grilled eggplant and asparagus, some salads (a minted bean & fetta salad and a Caprese salad), cold ham etc. It's going to be a bit eclectic, but we're trying to aim for mostly cold foods, nothing too heavy, and just foods we generally love.

We usually do turkey stuffed with cranberry & macadamias, and a roast pork shoulder with hasselback potatoes, roasted cherry tomatoes, asparagus etc. We're breaking tradition this year

Throughout the day there will be homemade dips (baba ghanoush, hommus & tzatziki), with breads etc., cheese platters with olives, tapenade, prosciutto, smoked salmon etc floating around. Lots of wine.

Dessert will be a citrus tart, some almond shortbread and some white chocolate mousse, but i'm looking at doing a black forest cake instead. We like to put a few different options out though. Dessert is followed by espressos.

We do breakfast and lunch, and eat leftovers for dinner. We usually have Eggs Benedict or Eggs Florentine for breakfast, but this year DH has asked if he can make everyone some special pancakes (I think he is doing lemon and poppyseed ones).

Usually feed 8-10 adults, plus 3 children. No budget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    •Do you have any traditional food that you have every year?

Mum's - ham, turkey, chicken, pork, pasta salad, potato salad, devilled eggs

Me - Eton mess as dessert

Do you do breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Mum's - lunch and dinner

Me - dinner and breakfast the following day

•How many people do you feed?

Mum's - 10 adults and two kids

Me - 4 adults

Do you have a budget for food for the day?

Nope ...

My menu is as follows (so far):

Fresh prawns
    Fresh crab
    Roast pork with homemade apple sauce
    Roast garlic potatoes
    Baby spinach, rocket, goats cheese and apple salad
    Mint and watermelon salad
    Dinner rolls

Eton mess for dessert

Next day breakfast: Fresh tropical fruit platter, pancakes, bacon, maple syrup, ricotta cheese, and coffee!

This is our standard for 'our' Christmas. We always host our own Christmas between Xmas and NYE so we can celebrate with some friends as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Christmas Day food ideas???

Eton mess!!! Yum! Something to ponder...

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Eton mess!!! Yum! Something to ponder...
    I was thinking the same thing! I just googled it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

For Christmas this year, we are doing breaky & dinner, for breaky I'm cooking eggs Benedict as its my mother in law fav, for dinner we doing rolled stuffed chicken breast with roast veggies, we cook for 4 adults & 2 kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I am doing breakfast- so 8 adults and 6 kids- croissants with home made jam, fresh fruit platters, fresh squeezed juice and smoothies.
    Lunch is a standard hot roast with Ham, turkey and lamb and all the roast veg and greens
    Dinner cold meat and salads, all I'm doing towards lunch and Dinner is supplying the ham as well as making home made ice cream for dessert- vanilla for lunch and berry sorbet for dinner