+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any other 2 bio-mum families out there? Need advice!

Ok so I'm going to try not to sound like a massive whingey pants here - if you were the 2nd bio mum (that's hopefully going to be me in about 7.5 months time) how did you find dealing with medical professionals?

So far even our own family GP (who we love and has been brilliantly supportive) has downplayed my BFP with a 'oh you girls have been here before, there's not much I can tell you'. She didn't offer me a dating scan because 'the first one is so exciting but surely you are ok to wait until the 12 week scan with this one and save yourselves a bit of cash' - said in the nicest way with good intentions. She was just thinking of our limited budget.

DP had to actually say that, no we are just as excited now and can we please have another dating scan? GP was fine with this and gave me a referral.

So how do you tell medical people that yes, you have a child but you want to be treated as though this is your first pregnancy (because after all, it IS!). I don't want to be rude or deny the existance of my first child, but I don't want to be treated as thou I've been pregant before either. Any hints or snazzy phrases you have used to get the message across?
    Last edited by Candiceo; 13-12-2012 at 12:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any other 2 bio-mum families out there? Need advice!

Lol keep saying 'hey! Primigravida over here! Gimme scans and info!'

Use their own terminology for first time pregnant and they will have to take you seriously

Best of luck with it all OP

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Any other 2 bio-mum families out there? Need advice!

I'm not I'm a same sex relationship so I hope it's ok if I post here

I think every pregnancy is special whether it's your first or tenth.

I'm 24+1 with bub number 3 (pregnancy #5) and I've always asked for a dating scan with each of them.

Even if you had been pregnant before no 2 pregnancies are the same iykwim.

That's just my opinion, good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear you, I feel a bit in limbo most of the time. We have two boys DS1 DW carried DS2 is in the process of being adopted and Im doing IVF our FC talks as if we have "done this" before and knows the drill. People down play the whole getting pregnant as we already have to boys but I haven't been pregnant! its all new to me.

Good luck
    Candiceo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ontheway For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (20-12-2012)