+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC during the festive season :/

Need a vent and advice... I am not a huge drinker by any means but now when I refuse a drink people start asked if I am pregnant.. usually I wouldn't care but when you're TTC that question hits a nerve as the answer is "No" but I am thinking "how much I wish i was". It's so hard at this time of year as there are so many christmas functions, then New years eve and then a week later my birthday so how do I get around it? I don't want people thinking I am pregnant or TTC.

Me and DH have been married for 14mths, been TTC for 2months - 1 month ago I was diagnosed with PCO and currently on CD10 after my first round of clomid so the next couple of weeks are "it" for us... TTC will be happening!

Anyone have any advice on what to do / say / drink? I am out tonight with friends, at a pub of all places for an early birthday celebration... I am thinking of just sitting on 1 wine all night? Thoughts?

I am sure I am not the only one finding this hard... !

Thanks fellow TTC's

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm not a big drinker, but when ttc, the only time I definitely won't drink is around 7 dpo until AF arrives. I figured until a baby implants, nothing I'm consuming will affect it. That's just my opinion though

Thanks
    Reviews

I wouldn't worry about the drink as nothing can actually affect the fetus until it is more then a few weeks developing inside so a drink will definatly not hurt especially if u aren't preg at the moment I wouldn't be worrying if u were and just found out and u dnt want even one glass opt for a non alcoholic drink telling people well u could say ur on medication for a viral/bacterial infection u got from a cut under your foot lol or that u are driving u already had a drink and will wait a bit for another and eventually they will forget anything made up for medication is always good cause they can't really say anything I've been in this position many times but only when I new I was preg
    Good luck ttc I hope this is ur mnth fx

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would use the excuse that you are not feeling well or have had a big night previously and haven't been able to touch a drink since.
    I went off drinking hoping to conceive and have realised that i think might have been adding to the pressure. so we'll jump back on the alcohol bandwagon, loosely, and have some fun. It's all going to end the moment i conceive for the next 9 months, possibly longer. May as well enjoy it now

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would either say you are feeling hungover from day before OR say you have something that requires you to be on antibiotics or something that you can't drink with.

I had to take tryptocycline (or something of the sort) for pain in my abdo. In mild doses it is a pain blocker, in large doses it is a anti depressant. But even in the mild dose if I had a drink with it it would make me drowsy straight away and I would almost pass out. So quite a good excuse!