+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default To IVF or to wait a while...

Hi Everyone
    My husband and I are TTC (since June 2012). We couldn't before that as I had endometrial hyperplasia (pre cancerous cells). We have had 4 months on clomid 50 100 150 and 200, I only O'd on the 50mg. Our FS is suggesting straight to IVF, but I think he has his bank account in his best interest as opposed to us.

A little backstory about me, at the start of 2011 I weighed 103kg! was not on any bcps and had no period for 9 months (my head was in the sand). By December last year I weighed 68kg (happy dance!), to which I still currently weigh!

I have been diagnosed with PCOS and am on 1500mg met a day. No other health probs. I did have a regular 30 day cycle before I stacked on the weight.

Hubby has a good semen analysis.

So my question is should we wait a little while and see if I get a cycle or just jump into IVF. We are very ready for a baby but don't want to muck around too long....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: To IVF or to wait a while...

we waited a few years to start ivf and that's something I regret - I was 40 when we started and 42 when our son was born (he's 5 1/2 weeks now). It took 4 rounds for us to fall pregnant. so if you're under 35 I'd consider trying for a bit longer but if like me you're an older mum, consider ivf sooner

ps - congrats on the weight loss - that's a fantastic effort!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default To IVF or to wait a while...

Thanks, I'm 26 and DH 28 and we've always wanted to be younger parents so don't want to wait years, maybe months.

Have any of you PCOS girls lost weight and conceived on your own?