+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ideas for a nursery theme?

I'm having a little boy in November and would love to hear some quirky ideas for a nursery theme. We're currently renting so I can't paint the walls, and am probably going to use stick on wall decals to jazz it up a little. I want to use bright colours and cute prints, does anyone have any funky ideas for a theme?
    Last edited by gotbfdk; 16-03-2014 at 23:10.

Thanks
    Reviews

Birds with a bright paisley/patchwork colour scheme. We aren't finding out and that's what we're doing

happychick1385 is offline Mummy to four little kiddies that keep me on my toes :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I got some really cute monkey wall decals from ebay. They are nice and bright and cheerful and can also be gender neutral if needed. They are great quality and when I peeled them off the paint didn't come off (I'm renting as well).

030920127601.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Ideas for a nursery theme?

They are cute.

Currently on our nursery walls are a row of tractors, trucks etc going the whole way around the room. We bought the house with them there.

We're going to take them down and change to an Up theme, because we don't know what we're having, but the trucks would suit a baby boy all the way through the toddler years.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Robots!
    That's what my theme is going to be. If its a girl (ill be finding out) ill still keep it as robots.. I mean who doesn't like robots?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were sure we were having a boy and so I had gone ahead and decided on a Dr. Suess theme. I had all these awesome wall decals ordered with Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2, Sam I Am and The Lorax. I had all the bedding ordered as well. I even bought a Cat in the Hat nappy stacker from the US! Silly me because we are having a girl!

Luckily I was able to change the bedding order to something completely different and girly and the wall decals she hadn't started yet so she is now making me some very girly decals but if you're interested in the Dr. Seuss idea, I can pass you the contact details of the ladies doing my work.

Congrats on your baby boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hungry caterpillar has been popular as is jungle. I also liked the finding nemo bedding and lion king bedding at toys r us. We were given a bedding set very early into my pregnancy which was very boy looking being bugs and frogs and turtles and I'm expecting a girl but I'm still going to use it as it has a lot of yellow in it. Teaming it with warm purple and cream walls and a mural of a pond with lilly pads and pink lotus flowers and glittery pond life. I just thought I would go all out with a Girly theme if little miss wants one when she is older.

Old macdonalds farm would be fun and I've seen some great noahs ark stuff as well.

Thanks
    Reviews

We are going nautical for our little man
    There are lots of red, white and blue wall decals out at the moment of boats and stuff

Thanks
    Reviews

I have farm animals for DS and it looks so cute. I have to ask though...how is it that you're having a boy in November when it's now December so he mustn't be conceived yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryGirl77 View Post
    I have farm animals for DS and it looks so cute. I have to ask though...how is it that you're having a boy in November when it's now December so he mustn't be conceived yet!
    Good pick up! Unless she meant she found out in November they were having a baby boy ...