+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dud interview

Shelle did you not notice the reference I just made to transprot?

I actually am feeling quite disgusted at the moment.

I just want to hire a dependable worker. I do my best by everyone who works for me but according to people in this thread it's reasonable to whinge about employers Wanting to be sure workers can even turn up.

I am certainly going to keep in mind the attitudes displayed in this thread from now on.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dud interview

I don't ask questions that aren't legal, but if someone tells me that they don't have child care I am wary about hiring them.
    Same goes for transport.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dud interview

Also the reason I don't ask questions about child care is because I am a friendly person who doesn't like to interrogate

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dud interview

Anyway I probably shouldn't comment on this. The OP has a very different situation and I'm 100% confident I do the right thing and in fact do everything I can to create a flexible arrangement for the right people. As someone said, the right people are everything.

I just think people should realise it is a 2 way street.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (13-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry CTM, I think maybe we've been talking at cross purposes. I've only been talking about the OP.

I'm not sure what exactly the others have said that has upset you. I guess in my line of work, after 7 years of study, the hard slog of grad years and early professional years trying to make a good impression, it's just a given that you are going to turn up. If you didn't - goodbye to all that study and hard work. I'd be highly insulted if an employer questioned whether I had sufficient transport to get to work, or suggested that I might not be reliable for some reason. If I wasn't reliable, I would never have gotten to where I am now. Having a child doesn't suddenly make me unreliable, it just makes me more organised and efficient! But I realise that you are not dealing with the same sort of employees as me. I apologise if I've upset you by not making the distinction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    This is ridiculous sorry. It takes weeks and weeks to find someone. Hours and hours and hours.

If you think I'm going to risk all that and then find out the person has no reliable transport you are joking.

Finding someone to hire costs thousand and thousands.

I am seriously getting annoyed at this attitude.
    I'm just giving my opinion as you are you don't have to agree with me. Workers have rights, one of them is it's discrimination to ask about CC. if you wish, as a business owner to ask about their care arrangements then ok.

As I said, it's give and take. I,as an employee dislike the attitude that staff are being done a favour by being hired. You don't like the attitude that staff don't like to be asked questions about care.

I don't see why this has to be a fight, just a difference of opinion....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dud interview

It's ok I have realised I'm getting overly wound up lol. It's because I am finding it so hard to find someone.

I was also thinking that its different for professional jobs to an admin or packing job etc in which people may be younger or just not as reliable for different reasons.

I have been also in the ops position and it is unfair, especially when I was a single mother interviewing at law firms (who should know better).

Anyway sorry for getting stressed.

I had someone ring me up yesterday and abuse me for not giving her a job too lol (she was a complete twit)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

delirium  (13-12-2012),Deserama  (13-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Dud interview

What's your business CTM? Sounds interesting!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dud interview

Lol I don't want to say now I've been raving on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Dud interview

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Lol I don't want to say now I've been raving on!
    Haha - fair enough