+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Announcement Regret

Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I am 20 weeks pregnant and all of our close friends and family have know for a while. Just found out last Thursday they we are expecting a little girl. This is our second child and although we are super excited, we didn't feel the need to announce the pregnancy at 12 weeks like we did with DS. I have just added a pregnancy ticker on Facebook saying how far along I am and that it is a girl. I am getting a lot of comments and likes. Unfortunately I'm not liking all the attention and feeling as though I shouldn't have added the app or even told our extended friends yet.

Am I being weird?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Why do you think you feel that you made the wrong choice to share on fb?

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't think your being weird at all, i have said things before then wanted to take them back. Unfortunately, whats done is done.

Try think of the positives, people are happy for you and want to let you know they are thinking of you. You could still remove the app and if anyone asks just say it was doing funny things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A little weird... Not sure what the issue is??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm a bit confused, is it the fact you announced the sex and everyone is making a big deal about it?
    I guess you could think of the positive side of it, that people care enough to comment and like. When I announced my pregnancy on fb it barely got any reaction, which was quite hurtful.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Announcement Regret

I'm definitely not going to mention my pregnancy on fb ever.

It's too personal and not something that everyone I'm friends with needs to know. So I get how you feel.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dunno what your issue is. You announced it obviously wanting some attention, wanting friends to know. Thats what FB is all about. Then why are you feeling like that? Is there some comments that disturbed you?

i didn't announce my pregnancy on FB cos I just didn't want to. It was about 18 weeks or more when friends saw my bump from a picture that another friend uploaded. I got lots of comments but thought ok, it's time everybody knows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you mean you would rather have waited to announce the birth rather than the pregnancy? I think it is pretty uncommon to hear about a birth when you didn't know that the person was even pregnant. Totally up to the individual though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Announcement Regret

Im one of those weird ones..... I kept it till....14 weeks then thought ok past safe stage .... Let it out then realised I like having it on the downlo.... Before it was our lil secret.... I won't be so quick next time. It takes something out of the fun.

Stuck in the house of crazy!!