+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My sister takes two weeks holidays and I take at least two weeks, generally three, so between us we cover three to four weeks (as we both must have the 25/12 to 2/1 off). Then we juggle between MIL, FIL, my mum and then I take them to work for a couple of days and then MOTH takes a few days as well.

What is hard is then the cost of the other 6 weeks a throughout the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: School holidays and working parents

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    Do you get CCR as well? That will bring it down to $24.25 minus any CCB you get.

Ours was $40 plus any excursions and afternoon tea was supplied. Mine was through the girls primary school though.
    Yeah but wont get any of that money back til april or may whenever the following quarter ends so still have to be able to afford it and hope work gives me the hours i need to survive.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Ours is $48.50 a day without the CCB so not sure what it will cost after CCB is put through for me. Have emailed the vacation care to find out the cost. We have to pay for all excursions/incursions they have.

Oh ok. Seems i get a pretty good deal with mine. I don't yours will end up costing too much though.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Yeah but wont get any of that money back til april or may whenever the following quarter ends so still have to be able to afford it and hope work gives me the hours i need to survive.

It doesn't help now but come end of financial year consider changing your ccr to being paid directly to the childcare provider. That way your fees will be much cheaper.

It doesn't help now but come end of financial year consider changing your ccr to being paid directly to the childcare provider. That way your fees will be much cheaper.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by HarvestMoon; 13-12-2012 at 09:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default School holidays and working parents

You can adjust your preferences to have it claimed through the care provider now if it helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    You can adjust your preferences to have it claimed through the care provider now if it helps
    Really? I wanted to do this but couldn't as i was told it could only be changed for the next financial year and not this one.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default School holidays and working parents

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Really? I wanted to do this but couldn't as i was told it could only be changed for the next financial year and not this one.

I was told the same thing only last week. You make your choice as to how you want it paid at the beginning of the financial year and that choice is binding for the whole 12 months.

Such a PITA.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (12-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    I had a look yesterday and cant change it until april for the next financial year.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (12-12-2012),HugsBunny  (12-12-2012)