+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default School holidays and working parents

Whats all the working parents doing for school holidays?

I have managed to avoid vacation care for the first 3wks but the last 3 i have booked everyday and will unbook certain days depending on the hours i recieve. I am a bit worried at the cost of it all tbh so very thankful i managed to sort out 3wks of care at least as they have moved the program further away than what i expected so i have to pay for taxi fares to get there and work in the mornings as there are no buses that early in the morning. Going home we can catch a bus though.

They have a fair few incursions which are average price of $10 plus there are a few excursions between the prices of $15-$30. One trip is movie world so going to send DS that day as i know he would enjoy going there.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I've always wondered what working parents do during school holidays, and this will be my problem in 5 years time so subbing out of interest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Subbing - always interested in this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is my first holidays not having to worry about it as I was made redundant last month

But previously I have used vacation care, my mum and if all else fails I take had to take time off or holidays. Christmas is always the hardest as vacation care shuts down between Xmas and New Year and we worked straight through.

It is hard though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As always I've had my head in the sand and refused to think about it... my mum has just retired so fingers crossed she is up for lots of time with DD...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: School holidays and working parents

I flew my mum up for a week so i am covered for christmas eve/day and boxing day. She leaves the 30th then DS will go away for another week on the 31st. As it is, he is going away tomorrow til the 22nd i think it is so i wont be seeing him much over the next 3wks.

I really dislike how long the christmas holidays are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's always stressful.

Ds is going to my mums, to friends and to vacation care. It's sooo expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

I use vacation care for DS1. It actually works out really cheap. It was $38 per day and i ended up paying $4.85/day. It's just gone up to $40 so i will be paying slightly more but it still includes all excursions and activities they do.
    DS2 still goes to daycare a couple of days a week and failing that i have a friend who minds him on the other days i work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I use vacation care for DS1. It actually works out really cheap. It was $38 per day and i ended up paying $4.85/day. It's just gone up to $40 so i will be paying slightly more but it still includes all excursions and activities they do.
    DS2 still goes to daycare a couple of days a week and failing that i have a friend who minds him on the other days i work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Ours is $48.50 a day without the CCB so not sure what it will cost after CCB is put through for me. Have emailed the vacation care to find out the cost. We have to pay for all excursions/incursions they have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Ours is $48.50 a day without the CCB so not sure what it will cost after CCB is put through for me. Have emailed the vacation care to find out the cost. We have to pay for all excursions/incursions they have.

Do you get CCR as well? That will bring it down to $24.25 minus any CCB you get.

Ours was $40 plus any excursions and afternoon tea was supplied. Mine was through the girls primary school though.