+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Na, no insurance. Might consider when we upgrade our plans tho as we want to get an iphone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Mobile phone dropped in water

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    Na, no insurance. Might consider when we upgrade our plans tho as we want to get an iphone
    They might be able to cancel your plan and put you on a new one. Thats what telstra did with me recently as i got the new galaxy as my HTC screen was cracked and i didnt want to pay to get it fixed til after christmas. I was about to buy a prepaid but the sales guy was able to put me on a new contract without any fees. Not sure about other phone companies but its worth a shot anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (12-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeh i know that would be a possibility if we wanted to stay with Vodafone but we hate them so are seeing out these contracts so we can switch providers. We have 10 months of a 24 month contract left

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Pawzette View Post
    Phone was bought outright and put it on a 20.00 plan with yes Optus. Insurance is with Westpac...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Oh ok. That would be why.. My insurance was just through whatever company optus usually deal with.
    Still not worth it IMO though. I think it was $8 a month. I had paid that for a year when i destroyed my phone and then the other $280 to get a replacement.
    I would have been better off not paying any of it and just purchasing a phone outright.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mobile phone dropped in water

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Insurance is so not worth it! I had it on my galaxy i dropped in the toilet. I still had to pay the $150 excess plus $130 to get the galaxy 2.
    It took 2 weeks to determine the phone irrepairable and another 2 weeks to send the new phone to my local optus store.
    In reality i would have been better off buying a cheap phone to see out the rest of my plan.

I disagree I just dropped my 5 week old iPhone 5 Saturday week ago n got a brand new one Monday just gone, so a week n 2 days.

Mine is automatically covered in my contents insurance with Suncorp platinum, so no extra cost. $50 excess which was taken up paying for the repairers report and a whole new phone is now in my hand.

Would never go without insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by PR2bMum View Post
    I disagree I just dropped my 5 week old iPhone 5 Saturday week ago n got a brand new one Monday just gone, so a week n 2 days.

Mine is automatically covered in my contents insurance with Suncorp platinum, so no extra cost. $50 excess which was taken up paying for the repairers report and a whole new phone is now in my hand.

Would never go without insurance.
    That's pretty good. I should look into what it would cost through my contents insurance. I know it would have to be insured seperately as it's a portable item. You've got me curious now... Going to look into the premium and excess.