+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to judge, some children have various physical hurdles. If my dd is 4 and still needs a pram due to her awfully hard start to life and someone told me she was lazy, you would be very sorry that you did!
    I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.

I also wanted to add to this that sometimes it is the parent with the health issues and it is easier on them to have their children in a pram, doesn't make them a bad parent, at least they are getting out there whatever way they can.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

GM01  (31-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: How old do you think is too old for a pram/stroller.

I would - but get one cheap, you might not need it long.

Jasper goes in the pram because I walk 4klms regularly (though not as regularly as I used to and did it today and nearly died lol)

Do what works best for you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How old do you think is too old for a pram/stroller.

just also adding that my dd is 3.5 and will be in a stroller or wheelchair for the rest of her life. she can walk but tires very easily & it's just safer for her. she also gets to come out with us more if we have stroller access.

she 'looks normal' so I do get comments from complete strangers which sucks. the paediatric strollers look like regular strollers but take more weight so some of the bigger kids look like they shouldn't be in there, are probably in there for a reason x

Thanks
    Reviews

anyway my son didn't want to be in the stroller after he turned 3.

strollers & prams usually go up to 17kgs which is typically 4yo. do whatever you feel is best!

Thanks
    Reviews

My ds is 4.5 and dd is 2.5 I hardly use my pram now but when I do it's usually for very long trips and I am more then happy if either of them go in the pram.

Its also incredibly hot here (north Qld) and I prefer them sitting in the pram with a good sun shade covering them even with hats on (I'm a sun safe nazi lol)

I honestly couldn't be bothered judging someone on how old the child in the pram is. Who knows maybe they have injured themselves, maybe they aren't well, been walking for a long time, safety, delayed development, parents sanity, etc. if it suits you to walk with your child in the pram of any age then so be it

I will continue to have my children in the pram on the odd occasions until I know that it's well and truly no longer needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I had someone tell jasper he was too old for a pram. I couldn't believe their cheek seeing as I was quite obviously full-term pregnant with katelyn. I think the "well meaning" stranger thought oh poor me having to push him. Stuff that - do they think it would be easier to chase him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.

I also wanted to add to this that sometimes it is the parent with the health issues and it is easier on them to have their children in a pram, doesn't make them a bad parent, at least they are getting out there whatever way they can.
    Exactly! And you can't always see the issues either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our girl is almost 4 and we still use the pram when we go on holiday as we are out all day and then out a lot at night .. At home maybe if we are in city all day or going out in evening .. Otherwise around 3.5 we stopped needing it .. Although being preg much easier to have pram then carry her and whatever stuff we buy!!
    our silver costs dazzle carries to 25 kg ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zooey View Post
    she 'looks normal' so I do get comments from complete strangers which sucks. the paediatric strollers look like regular strollers but take more weight so some of the bigger kids look like they shouldn't be in there, are probably in there for a reason x
    My aunt gets comments about her 7yo dd all the time as she too looks 'normal' can't believe some people! My dd is 2.5 and I have purchased a double pram for when bubs arrives. Even if she dosent use it all the time, we still need it on long walks/zoo trip/ long shopping trips. I did get a pram that I can convert in to a single pram though anticipating she won't want to go in it all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 28 months and I still keep the pram in the boot for if he falls asleep in the car on the way somewhere... I realised u was going out and having to come home by 11-12 for his day nap otherwise which is a PITA.

Its his big black chunky pram that has a big hood and can tilt right back in sleeping position, which means I can get around shops etc while he sleeps. I don't care if other people think he's too big for it!