+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How old do you think is too old for a pram/stroller.

Hi everyone,

How old do you think is too old for a child to be using a pram or stroller.

DS will be 3 next year and doesn't use prams at all now and we have sold all ours off. But we are now buying another one because next year dd will be going to school up the road from us so i will walk her and ds is really hard to walk with when on busy roads as he has no road sense or gets scared easy.

Do you think he is too old for a pram?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think It's a personal thing.

When I go walking I still put DD1 (4) and DD2(2) in a side by side jogging pram because they can't walk long distances and it's easier if i have the pram to put drink bottles etc in because if i just walked them i'd end up carry 1 or both of them plus all their stuff lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How old do you think is too old for a pram/stroller.

Have you thought about a pram that will take a board at the back for him to stand on?
    ETA: Sorry, just re read OP. I thought you needed a pram for your DD not just for your DS.

If its for his safety why not? I'd do the same in your position.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub
    Last edited by Bluest Blue Box; 12-12-2012 at 11:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS pretty much stopped using a pram all together after he turned 3. I don't really have an age in my mind that is 'too old', but I personally wouldn't bother in your situation if it were me, as I like to give kids exercise where possible. How far away is the school? By age 3 DS could easily walk up to 2km+ at a time without getting tired. A 1-2km walk is nothing for him now, and he regularly walks even longer than that (he's 5).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysmama View Post
    Have you thought about a pram that will take a board at the back for him to stand on?

Her DS is the youngest, her eldest is going to school next year, I think the OP is suggesting a pram only for her DS. Is that right?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How old do you think is too old for a pram/stroller.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Her DS is the youngest, her eldest is going to school next year, I think the OP is suggesting a pram only for her DS. Is that right?
    I completely misread the OP in my confused baby brain state. Have edited my post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its a personal thing of course, but I do cringe when seeing 4+ using them. I find it lazy (on the kid not the parent) and at that age they should be walking. My DS1 trys to ask for the pram somedays but I refuse because he needs to learn to walk like a big boy lol If I go to the zoo I will bring the pram for DS2 (he will e 3 in january) but thats because he still sleeps a bit and a pram is great for lugging sh!t around lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How old do you think is too old for a pram/stroller.

I don't drive so I think my 2.5 year old will be in a pram for a while! It's a 30 min walk to most of our activities, and she would get tired half way and I would end up carrying her plus our bags!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its about 30 Minute walk with DD she is a slow walker. Its not really about the whole he will get tired because i would carry him. But he has no road sense and has been a few times i have had to stop him from walking on the road, He flat out refuses to hold my hand he likes to think he is in control. But he is not like this if DF is walking with us he is like an angel. . I would drive her but find i need the exercise plus they dont have a carpark for the kinder so you have to park at least 5 minutes away so no point driving i hope that makes sense

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummy2lilly View Post
    Its about 30 Minute walk with DD she is a slow walker. Its not really about the whole he will get tired because i would carry him. But he has no road sense and has been a few times i have had to stop him from walking on the road, He flat out refuses to hold my hand he likes to think he is in control. But he is not like this if DF is walking with us he is like an angel. . I would drive her but find i need the exercise plus they dont have a carpark for the kinder so you have to park at least 5 minutes away so no point driving i hope that makes sense
    No time like the pressent to teach your child about road safety. He will need to learn it either way.

My 2 year old doesnt like holding my hand while out and about (unless a lot of people around coz he gets a bit anxious), he knows the rule of we go near cars he has to hold my hand or I will hold his. He preferes to hold my hand other wise I hold his arm tightly and he hates it. Best to teach your child about it. Maybe start small and go from there.