+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default this was my morning from hell...

So i guess ive had the morning from hell. I had to get to the supermarket for a few things this morning. Its going to be hot today so thought id get out before the heat and the crowds.
    Was in the car ready to put keys into ignition when i realised - Locked my keys inside the house. Im 38 weeks pregnant and had to break into my house thru a window i left ajar. DD was screaming her lungs out in the car while i did this.
    She scremed all the way to the shops. She scremed in the stroller while i zoomed around the supermarket. I got her a yoghurt as a snack but she saw it and wanted it immediately - i just wanted to get out of there so i didnt give it to her. More screaming. Line at express checkout 5 deep. More screaming. Lots of stares.
    Finally get out of the shop, we sit down, take dd out of stroller (as she's half out anyways) and give her yoghurt and a plum. Refuses to go back in stroller. More screaming. I kept my calm and said "ok then let's walk back to the car.." (dd holding onto stroller) then she goes walk abouts. I guide her back to stroller but she cracked it. So i picked her up. Bad move.
    I got slapped and kicked in public by a 22mth old. i was so embarrassed and humiliated. With one hand pushing the stroller and the other holding dd (who is still slapping and pinching me) i get to the car as fast as i can waddle, pushing back my own tears.
    I was bit rough with her, getting her into her car seat as she was resiting me. Finally we get to head home. my tears roll and roll down my face.
    Get home, put dd into bed - no eye contact, i didnt even say a word to her except "goodnight" and i shut her door.
    I slumped on the couch and just cried and cried...infact im still crying with all these thoughts running thru my hormonal mind:
    - i could have handled that better
    - i lost it with her, i still cant handle her and soon i'll have another
    - she obviously was tired and we should have skipped the stupid shops and stayed home.
    - why the truck should i have to put up with her hitting and slapping me in public?
    - This is bringing back PND memories/feelings
    - i want dh home, im so tired, i try my best but i just cant do everything anymore, im 38 weeks pregnant for trucks sake.
    - i want help around the house, i dont want visitors every weekend.
    - does the baby know im upset? can it feel/hear me crying?
    - when will i have this baby?
    - Ive been on such a pregnancy high for so long, i think reality has finally hit - that i may note cope (mentally) as well as i thought once this baby is here. At least i can admit that.

So, this was just me letting off steam and clearing my thoughts. Im a bit of a mess today. I dont expect any replies to this, as it's very rambled and confusing. Just getting it down helped.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: this was my morning from hell...

Awww sending you huge hugs xx

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh honey, I have been there! I now have three children and could have written that post myself. Be kind to yourself, your new baby will be here soon and your body is filled with hormones, wracked with tiredness and lacking patience. You did so well to hold it together at the shops. Last time I remember this happening, I couldnt find the keys to leave the shops!! I had three screaming kids in the back seat (two that were forced into the seats) and I was crying because I couldn't find the keys.
    Maybe just rest today, have an early night, do something to pamper yourself and attack it all tomorrow when you feel better. You will cope just fine when bub comes. Just have some strategies up your sleeve for when you feel overwhelmed. Mine is to set the boys up with a movie, food whatever to keep them busy then sit down with a cuppa and ignore it all

Thanks
    Reviews

Big big hugs

Sounds like a sucky way to start the day.

Don't be too hard on yourself - 22month olds are hard work. Being 38wks is hard work. It's ok to have not such a great day.

Don't worry about hurting belly bub - it takes huge amounts of ongoing stress to hurt them. A big cry is probably more of a stress-relief for you (just getting it out of your system) and better for bub than holding it on.

Take care of yourself today and try for some quiet time with your dd.

All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hun you win hands down... I thought I was having a raugh morning!!
    Just do something ANYTHING that will give u some happiness, a snack a shower watch a tv show have a coffee make a phone call whatever works for you, definitely hormones are to blame!! Just think you'll have forgotten all about today in a few weeks...

Thanks
    Reviews

I've had a few days like that over the lat couple of weeks!!! I know exactly what your going through. My daughter is 2 years old and I'm 18 weeks pregnant. She is really trying my patience of late as well. She throws herself on the supermarket floor screaming and kicking to the point that I've had people tell me to control my child I've stopped going shopping now altogether, my partner now does the grocery shopping. I've found myself in tears thinking I could've dealt with it better then I did but at the end of the day I know I'm doing the best that I can and I have no doubt in my mind that you would be a great mother and are doing the best you can do too!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry to hear about your rough day. Can hubs pull a couple of days off to help out? Maybe get those weekend visitors to support you more; chuck on some washing or mind your daughter? Hope it improves.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    *hugs hugs hugs*

My only suggestion is to do what I did with DS when he pulled that wonderful slap/scream combo.
    Back into the pram, no acknowledgement of tantrum and just push back to the car.
    I have lost count of how many times I've seen sympathetic glances from parents who've seen my son throwing the mother of all hissy fits in his pram and me resolutely storming back to the car with a stoney expression on my face rofl.

Sounds like you need a nice soak in a bath and some destress time. Not saying it will fix anything by any means but hey. Can't hurt right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like you handled it just fine at the shops. We've all been there!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

In sorry to here about your horrible morning, I hope your day gets better. Try and just relax and not beat yourself up about how you handled it. It's sounds like you handled it fine.