+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default School uniforms

How many pairs of uniforms does your child/ren have? So far I've brought dd 3 sets of winter uniforms (3 jumpers, 3 shirts, 3 pants) and 3 summer dresses. Plus hat, shoes etc. will this be enough? It's cost me close to $500 already cause I couldn't get any second hand and the school is strict on the uniform having their logo on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: School uniforms

I think that will be enough.

You might want to grab another hat just incase she loses one.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, my DS1 has 4 shirts, 4 shorts, 3 hats (so we have more chance of finding one in the morning dash lol, and I try to keep a spare in his bag), 1 jumper, 1 sports uniform (shorts, top, tracksuit pants and top), 1 school shoes, 1 sneakers, heaps of socks- so, I can get through the week with no washing if needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD has 3 dresses because of hand me downs, it is a good amount. DS1 only has 2 shirts/shorts and sometimes I do run out (since I don't have time to wash every day). It depends on the child though. If they are messy eaters, wrestle on the ground, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default School uniforms

my DSD is almost finished grade prep.. We had.. 2 jumpers, 2 polos, 1 dress, 2 skirts, 1 shorts.

Dsds school isn't as strict with uniform though, so often she wore leggings under her skirts (which is her favourite thing!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've found having 2 summer dresses for DD is plenty as in summer they dry overnight, so I can wash in the evening and they can be worn the next day.

For winter uniform DD had two winter tunics, three long-sleeve polos and two pairs of track pants. With all of that I washed once on the weekend and once during the week and that got us through.

I've bought five hats and counting, despite using iron-on labels and writing DD's name all over them in black texta, they still disappear never to be seen again. Jumpers usually come back eventually if they're labelled) but you do need a spare or two while you're waiting for the first one to come back...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: School uniforms

I bought 5 uniforms(2 formal shirts and 2 polo school shirts plus a house colour polo). He has 5 pairs of shorts too. We bought around 6 jumpers and 2 tracksuit pants for the year. Also went through about 4 hats i think(he just lost one last friday, teachers think the new preps took it by accident).

I bought enough uniforms so there was always a fresh one for each day and if we got a ton of rain which happens every few months in brissy, i had the weekend to get them all dry as i only wash the uniforms together, never mix them with other clothes.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default School uniforms

From Best is Less I bought 2 skirts, 3 shorts, 2 tracksuit pants, 2 regular pants, 2 plain jumpers (all in the proper school colours) and from her school I bought 3 polo shirts, 1 school dress, 1 school jacket and 1 school jumper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew we were only at this school for a year so I bought the bare minimum, which was 2 polo shirts each (just happened the shorts/skorts were the same colour as their previous school).

Next year, they will be starting at their new school, so I will get 3 x formal and 2 x sports uniforms, plus one pair of tracksuit pants and one jumper (not that cold in Queensland, glad we don't have to get full on winter uniforms like some of you!). I will buy 2 hats each so they have a spare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default School uniforms

Thanks for the tips, didn't think about her loosing stuff so i'll definitely get more hats, and really get her in the habit of putting stuff back in her bag when not using it over the holidays.