I can't believe that I'm in the eighth and final week of this challenge and I'm still exercising daily! I can't even tell you the number of times I have started a diet and/or exercise programme and given up after a week, two weeks or a month tops.

Anyone who's spent any amount of time overweight probably understands what I mean. You get in this cycle of "I hate myself because of the way I look and feel so I'm going to lose weight", you start out well but then something happens, maybe a night out with the girls or you don't lose as much weight as you wanted but whatever it is, it gives you an excuse to fall off the wagon. You feel like a failure and you go back to your old ways until you feel crap enough to try again. Welcome to the last decade of my life. There would undoubtedly be others out there who have been in that cycle longer!

My point is that you can change, even at this time of the year. You need to focus on your goals and not let things derail your plan. If I'd thrown in the towel the first time I hit a snag on this journey, I would've given up in week one.

I only lost 200grams this week and I'm still almost 2kgs from my goal of being "overweight" but at the end of the day I know that if I don't hit that this week, I'll make it next week. Next Wednesday might be the end of this challenge but it's not the end of me exercising daily.

This morning my husband worked out with me (huzzah!), we didn't do Zumba but we did an old school weights workout! I had seriously underestimated the effect that doing Zumba has had on my physical fitness. I experienced the same thing during last week's aerial silks class. I am stronger and fitter than I've been in an incredibly long time and even during any of my previous attempts to lose weight, I don't think I've been this fit! I feel fantastic and tonight after aerial silks I'm going to take a leaf out of the other ladies' books and go shopping for some new clothes since my size 16 work pants are ridiculous on me now!