+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default e2, follicle numbers questions - Words of wisdom needed!

Hi all

I have been on 15 units of Lucrin and 450 gonal f. My question is what are the number of follicles I can expect with my gonal f dose, what should e2 be per follicle and what is the size of a mature follicle. I have no fertility issue as our problem is a failed vasectomy reversal

I am Triggering tonight, e2 3100 and with follicle size 1 x 20mm, 2 x 18mm, 1 x16mm and 1 x 12 mm and 10 mm and 8 mm. Does my e2 match with my follicle size. I do worry when I read other people get heaps of follicles and I have maybe a possible 5. This is cycle day 12

Thanks for any words of wisdom anyone can share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's quality that is more important than quantity.

Every person is different, so other people on the same dose of drugs as you may get wildly different responses. Direct comparisons between people aren't usually helpful, but I understand how difficult it is to not make them.

Your FSH dose is quite high compared with that a twenty-something woman might be given, indicating that you were not considered particularly likely to respond as well as a younger person would. Perhaps your FS discovered you have a higher baseline FSH level prior to treatment.
    Oestrogen is produced by the follicles as they mature. Once again, everyone is different with respect to the amount of oestrogen produced by a mature follicle. Some people have 500 e2 each, others over 1000 per each follicle. A rough guide until you know your particular correlation is to allow 1000 oestrogen at the final blood test before trigger for each mature egg you'll collect, so you could expect 3-4 using that guide.

Over 8 cycles my FSH dose increased from 150 to 225. I got between 3 and 12 mature eggs per cycle (average 8). When I was paying attention to my numbers I usually got 1 egg per 1000 e2, plus one "bonus" egg. I gave up trying to predict from my follie measurements because it didn't seem to predict so well for me. I also was not supposed to have any fertility issues when we started IVF for MFI.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that, I did have a FET scheduled a couple of months ago as a natural cycle and he may have gained info from that with my levels. My first cycle was 225 gonal f and I had 8 follies, 2 blastocysts but bfn and second I have 325 gonal f but low e2 but 10 follies and day 3 transfer and bfn.

Just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason with it all.