+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dietary requirements for Christmas parties??

Hi fellow bubhubbers,

I am 10 weeks pregnant and approaching Christmas now have quite a few work related functions to attend over the next few weeks. I am wondering what I should specify for the dietary requirements... I haven't told anyone at work yet and only intend to do so in the new year.

These functions are generally canapés followed by three course sit down meals. While I can easily steer clear of the canapés, the sit down meals are a whole different matter. For the first Christmas function I attended this year I just said no red meat in the hope of not getting steaks or anything like that. But I ended up getting a choice of smoked salmon or prosciutto for entree, chicken and soft cheese for main, and chocolate mousse for dessert, which I couldn't touch and ended up just pushing around my plate. The thing is my colleagues know that I normally eat just about anything and everything, so being suddenly fussy with my food will certainly raise eyebrows.

I was wondering if any of you have ideas on how to get around this, and what would you write down for dietary requirements? I don't really want to say "no cold or uncooked meat, raw eggs, soft cheese, shellfish" - we all know the list is endless!

What do you think...?

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dietary requirements for Christmas parties??

Go vegetarian. Then you just have to hope there is no cold soft cheeses.... Or suddenly start a detox diet, no alcohol, caffeine, cheese or meat. People will think you are a little strange for a while, but once you announce it will all become clear :-)
    Good luck!