+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lets talk about what we would change in our labour /births

Plexus solair u must feel horrible but dnt put that on yourself u did what u felt was best at time and u weren't to know when dd would be born I'm sure they all would understand.
    Will u go again. Mayb just hav your mum instead of everyone then it would be less pressure on you worrying etc.
    I'd like my mum I think next time my dh is not the best of support through labour just doesn't know what to do lol

And for u other great mums some of u must be a bit anxious how ur nxt one will be I think after your first ur more aware of what happens so u tent to speak up more.
    I dnt think I could go public given some things I've herd from friends I prefere my own room and privacy afterwards.
    And why did they not give u bub cut the cord etc etc? Was something wrong mayb?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chan87 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (12-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Also has any one done calm birth as I wouldn't mind trying that but I'm worried it will be a waste of time and money as I'm such a anxious contrôlée person and needs to know exactly when ill go into labour hence I was induced both times was 2 wks over with my first dd and a week early with ds so hav no idea what it feels like to into it naturally I worry I won't make it to hospital etc

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS1 should of stayed home!

DS2 nothing

DD more hands on support for the kids

Thanks
    Reviews

I wouldn't really change anything that I did, it's very daunting and I think I did well. I had an epidural 17 hours in because the contractions were one on to of the other and I needed a break.
    They used a vacuum to help her out (she was a big 9lb baby) but it fell of her head anyway and I got her out on my own pretty much. I had an espisiotomy (sp?) which didn't worry me either.

Next time (which will be august 2013) I might try having a bath and maybe an exercise ball, but I feel no pressure avoid the epidural, if I want it I'll have it.
    Considering doing a calm birth class for DH mainly, just so he can support me better if i have another long labour. He was hopeless last time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved both my labours, only thing I'd change is trying harder to not have pethidine, I'm glad that's all I had but I really wanted drug free.

Thanks
    Reviews

I loved ds2's birth most, he was born quickly, in the water and it was calm and beautiful. I actually enjoyed giving birth.

Ds1 I would never be induced again for not progressing (my waters broke, I was gbs positive so the induced the next morning) I had started contracting so would have done it in my own time. It wasn't overly traumatic though, he wasn't ready and it took over two hours of full pushing

Ds3 was pretty perfect and "easy" too, the midwife thought I had a temp half way through though and talked to the student about calling upstairs as I was in the birth centre... Well I totally stopped labouring cos I was petrified of the birth suite. I went for a walk and he was born an hour and a half later but I wish I hadn't heard that and it would have been much more relaxed for me...