+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Our wedding is this Saturday and we dont have a song to walk down the aisle to yet!!!

I walked to "Kissing You" Des'ree

It was beautiful. There is also a version from the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack that I love

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Our wedding is this Saturday and we dont have a song to walk down the aisle to yet!!!

My girls walked down to Fairytale by Enya. I walked down to Love me Tender by Elvis I nearly ALMOST walked down to A Thousand Years by Christina Perry which I love but I always said growing up that I would be walking down to Love me Tender so it just didn't feel right and I changed it at the last minute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Highland Cathedral?
    Yep .. 13 years later he still has selective hearing!

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    'You and Me' by LifeHouse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac3HkriqdGQ
    I had 'Hanging by a Moment' by Lifehouse but that will probably be too fast for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bub4mepls View Post
    We both adore this song, I can't believe I forgot about it! I am going to suggest it to my partner tonight
    If he won't budge from the Kate Heidke song then I will just have to suck it up and not worry about what other people think I suppose

Loving all the other beautiful song suggestions as well, I didn't realise there are so many pretty songs out there to choose from!
    You could try and find an instrumental version of the song, that way its still the song but theres no lyrics playing. I think at the end of the day choose what you both love, it doesnt matter if anyone else doesnt think its appropriate its your wedding, do what pleases you and hubby, not what pleases the crowd!

Thanks
    Reviews

Firstly congratulations! It will be the very best day!

I walked down to That's what Friends are for by Dionne Warwick and we did have (verrrry corny) Suddenly by Angry Anderson as the song before I walked down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Toomanyboys View Post
    Yep .. 13 years later he still has selective hearing!
    I had this too! Love it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Our wedding is this Saturday...

Funny how many people say "we" had "..." - I chose the song I walked in to (I wanted my entrance to be a surprise to everyone, including DH). I hired a harp/flute duet, & got them to do an instrumental version of "Pagan Poetry" by Bjork. A few people said "What was that song? It was familiar...". DH (DF at the time obviously!) put together the music for the reception (I had some input) & we weren't going to do a "first dance", but we were watching "Knocked Up" & loved the scene where they're drunk & dancing in the club to "Swing" so we had that & just went to the dance floor unannounced when it came on & did some of the moves from the movie. Most of the other songs we had during the reception were songs that had some meaning to us
    (even some breakup songs & highly inappropriate novelty songs). You should go for music that makes you happy

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I walked down to bella's lullaby.

It felt right.

You need something u love.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to soon2bmumzy For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (12-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Here Kitty View Post
    Regina Spektor 'Real Love'.

The version off the 'Make Some Noise' compilation album (can be found on iTunes)
    I second this song. I wanted to use it but I found it too moving (didn't want to cry my eyes out!) as Regina's voice is just so lovely.

Sorry OP, but I do think the Kate Miller Heidke song is sad & it reminds me of a song that would be played at a funeral. Just my opinion though.

The Desiree and Christina Perry songs mentioned by PP's are also really nice choices.