+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wish we had had 'you were there' by Southern Sons. Beautiful. Hope you have an amazing day op!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Our wedding is this Saturday and we dont have a song to walk down the aisle to yet!!!

Try Ave Maria by Beyonce. Have a listen, it's so beautiful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also the version of Iris by boys II men.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bub4mepls View Post
    Please guys I am in desperate need of help. We cant find any song that suits 'us' or that is good for walking down the aisle and we are running out of time!

I need a song that is slow paced but doesn't go for any longer than 4 minutes (I only have one bridesmaid and then it will just be me and dad walking down).

First we decided on Dream Catch Me by Newton Faulkner but decided it is too fast to walk to....and then we went with Iris by goo goo dolls (will we go back to this if we can't decide on anything else but Im just not really 'feeling' it if you get what I mean).

The song we REALLY wanted to have because it is a song that means something to both of us is Last Day on Earth by Kate Miller Heidke (my hubby to be told me when we first got together he used to listen to the song and think of me...we new each other in high school and hooked up a bit but then went our seperate ways but he wanted us to be together the whole time, not that he told me that until down the track!).
    Anyway, the reason I am a bit iffy about the song is because today I showed my mum and she said it was a depressing! And then I looked up the lyric meanings and aparantly it is about loss and possibly a miscarriage that the singer had.
    Hubby to be still wants the song but I if it is a depressing song I dont really feel comfortable walking down the aisle to it cause everyone will probably be thinking wtf?!

Arghhh!!!

Any help and suggestions would be SO MUCH appreciated!!! Thank you!
    Yeh sorry that's actually a very very sad song and used at funerals. My sister used a funeral song (Arms of the Angels) and several people walked out in tears, obviously because it reminded them of dead loved ones.

I got married in June we used Christina Perry's - A Thousand Years. A friend of mine used Sammy DJ's version of Heaven by Bryan Addams. I was going to use it too but liked the other one better. But it was a really lovely sweet song to walk down the aisle to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Our wedding is this Saturday and we dont have a song to walk down the aisle to yet!!!

Last Day on Earth is beautiful, but you're right, it's about loss, it's a very sad, heart wrenching song. I agree that it's not really a wedding song iykwim.
    One of our wedding songs was by Paul Kelly- Down to my Soul. A friend walked down to Today by the Smashing Pumpkins. There are so many gorgeous songs you can choose from!
    All the best for Saturday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My bridesmaids had slow version of dj Sammy - heaven. I walked down the isle to 'the most beautiful woman in the world' - prince. Dh chose that not me! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJunior View Post
    Try Ave Maria by Beyonce. Have a listen, it's so beautiful.
    Oooh very nice! Just listened to it then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
    My bridesmaids had slow version of dj Sammy - heaven. I walked down the isle to 'the most beautiful woman in the world' - prince. Dh chose that not me! Haha
    I usually don't like remakes....and I really loved Heaven by Bryan Addams but that Sammy Dj's version is actually really lovely. Came very close to using it myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had "Marry Me" by Train.

Hope all the suggestions have helped find you a song that suits you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd try sticking with the song you both immediately were drawn to. I know what you mean about the song lyric meanings, but seriously I don't think anyone notices the song when all eyes are on the two of you. I don't think any of our guests except the photographer took any note of the music.

I would try find an acoustic version, or see if there is a cover by another artist as sometimes that is enough to obscure any instant bad reactions from sensitive folk. You can also put songs into the bit where you sign the register or when you walk out of the ceremony, and to be honest I think we noticed the songs during signing more than the aisle walking one because by that stage the nerves had passed and we'd relaxed a bit. Maybe consider sticking it in there?

For the record in case you're chasing new song ideas, we used "Time Has Told Me" by Nick Drake for the aisle walking. Was a toss up between that and "Into My Arms" by Nick Cave, we ended up using that one in the signing bit of the ceremony as well as "Sea of Love" by Cat Powers. When we walked out it was "All I Want Is You" by Barry Louis Polisar. Such a happy song, so meaningful to us and nice and upbeat. Mum was horrified before the wedding by the absence of a string quartet but at the end of the day we were the only ones that actually noticed the songs and the fact that they were meaningful to us made the moment more special. I still cant hear "Into My Arms" now without tearing up and I'm a pretty non-emotional sort of gal.

Stick with your gut feelings, I don't think you'd regret it!!

Edited to add: Oh my gosh and CONGRATULATIONS. I hope your wedding day is super memorable and great fun. Remember to relax and enjoy it
    Last edited by casio1; 11-12-2012 at 20:26. Reason: baby brain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast