+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Our wedding is this Saturday and we dont have a song to walk down the aisle to yet!!!

Personally I think it would be worse to walk down the aisle to a song that had zero personal meaning than to one that had heaps of meaning but slightly depressing lyrics!

(I don't actually think the lyrics are that depressing at all - if I was a guest at your wedding I wouldn't think twice about it! As PPs have said, I'd be too busy looking at the bride and the happy groom!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for the oppinions/advice everyone
    baby4us - i love jason mraz and our first dance is going to be to lucky
    JR03 - I totally get where you are coming from, it is my concern exactly.

I really want to do what a lot of you are saying and just got with the song anyway but I think I worry too much about what other people think (so silly I know!!!)

Gosh, who would have thought that days before the wedding the song that Im walking down the aisle to is my biggest concern lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Our wedding is this Saturday and we dont have a song to walk down the aisle to yet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toomanyboys View Post
    If you really like the Kate Miller Heidke song, why don't you see if there is an acoustic version without the lyrics? I was bridesmaid at a wedding recently where they'd downloaded a piano version of lots of modern songs and it was fabulous.
    That way you sort of get the best of both worlds ..

Congratulations by the way ... Have a fab day.

And whatever you decide, don't stress. I'm Scottish and my DH and I had a huge fight before our wedding because I wanted to be piped into the church with bagpipes and he hates them ... I won the argument, but the next day he asks why I decided not to have the bagpipes ... He didn't even hear them!
    Highland Cathedral?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ronan keating...when you say nothing at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I've gone to two weddings in the past few years where the bride had chasing cars. HTH

Thanks
    Reviews

We had Angus and Julia Stone - the Wedding Song

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Our wedding is this Saturday and we dont have a song to walk down the aisle to

Quote Originally Posted by Little Boys Blue View Post
    We had the slow version of Heaven by DJ Sammy. It meant something special to us so we used it regardless of the meaning behind it.

I say use your special song. Nobody will listen to it anyway, they will be too focused on watching you walk down the aisle.

Good luck with your decision!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub
    we used this too - candlelight remix

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

You're So Cool by Hans Zimmer is a good one. True Romance soundtrack

Thanks
    Reviews

I had Songbird by Eva Cassidy.

If you love that song and it has special meaning, I say go for it. TBH most guests don't pay attention to the music at that time, they are too busy watching you walk down the aisle and taking photos!

There are plenty of very popular songs in the past people have used at weddings, that are not 'word appropriate' at all. E.g. Every Breath You Take, is about a stalker, Throw Your Arms Around Me is about a one night stand!

Thanks
    Reviews

I love that song but they played it on neighbours at Bridget's funeral so that is what I think of
    We went classical music so no help here sorry.