+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Booked in for d&c but ......

I found out yesterday that I have a missed miscarriage. I am booked in for a d&c on friday but I've just started to get some brown discharge. If I start bleeding do I need to go to the hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm sorry for your loss ;( sending hugs.
    I was offered a d&c after finding no heartbeat but said I'd rather wait n see what happened naturally. I started bleeding 2 days later. As I did ivf my doc had asked if I collected any tissue that they could sample to find out perhaps why I m/c but I didn't bother. Maybe something to think about? I shouldn't think you'd need to go to hospital but you may want to ring your dr n ask. If you have a natural m/c you may run the risk that all the tissue may not expel which can cause dramas n you may need a d&c to get anything remaining out.
    If you bleed and cramp its normal but anything really heavy like soaking a pad in under an hour you should go to hospital. The heavy bleeding should only last a few days depending on how far long you were, but light bleeding can go on for weeks. You should also get your hcg checked to ensure its under 20 n to confirm you have fully m/c. You may also need an ultrasound. Xxx

BlissfulMama is offline Loving this new tiny person more than I ever imagined!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a D & C last year. I had a blighted ovum last year and at first wanted to wait to miscarry naturally but after 2 weeks of nothing and just waiting and waiting I ended up booking in for a D & C, the day before I started to miscarry naturally but went through with the D & C the next day. I just wanted to make sure everything was ok I guess.

How do you go djkinks? And how are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews

Maybe have a chat to your OB, naturally can take longer and be more physically painful however a D&C is still an operation and it has it's risks so worth weighing them up.

I did have a D&C after my DD was born and all went perfectly fine.

So sorry for the loss of your baby xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How did you go OP? I started bleeding the day of my D&C and had it anyway simply as I didn't want to do it naturally.

Thinking of u x

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thinking of you, how did you go?