+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 2 year old wont eat! Please help!

subbing, my 13m old decided not to eat any solids, so frustrating !

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: 2 year old wont eat! Please help!

My dd is 22 months and just over 9kg. She eats better than my son who cruised along the 90th percentile. After blood tests and paed appts ' shes just small'

But she still picks and chooses what she eats, I try and keep it healthy, she'd live on mangos cherries and grapes and watermelon if I let her.

Pick plates are great. My kids dont like meals. They are more likely to eat steamed veg. Homemade chicken breast nuggets with steamed veg is the least likely to end up on the floor

Only now with my 4 year old will I make wait for food if he doesnt like what he's given, at 2 they dont understand

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2 year old wont eat! Please help!

My DS1 is 21mths. He can be extremely fussy with food. Goes through stages. He pretty much refuses all veggies unless its in Shepard pie. He has an intolerance to chicken meat which sucks because so many toddler friendly recipes have chicken.

I find offering the food and walking away or ignoring him while eating helps. As he becomes more defiant if you keep trying to get him too eat.

Also just touching different foods is good enough for me some nights( he sometimes won't even look at different food)

Also if he just tries something and doesn't like it. And then all he wants is yoghurt I will give it him.

It can be very frustrating. But now I don't make dinner a battle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2 year old wont eat! Please help!

Oh and another thing DS1 attends daycare, he eats a lot of food there. I assume he copies off the other children. Something I found out he likes is lamb korma so now we have that at home.