+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Brisbane Bayside
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    408
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default 25 years old ttc for 8 months and nothing

    Lets say he did have this hypothetical secret vasectomy.... Well a) they're reversible now, and b) if they can't reverse it for some reason, he still has sperm, they just can't get to you, so you'd need to do some form of artificial insemination after they syringe out the spermies. Pregnancy is still possible, amy

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,581
    Thanks
    748
    Thanked
    733
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default 25 years old ttc for 8 months and nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by amy12 View Post
    At 25 yrs old there is supposed to be a 25-30% chance of conceiving per month! I just don't understand why some people are so much more fertile than others.

    When i was a teenager I had a phase where I had quite a few different partners without any barrier method so maybe my fertility has been destroyed by bacteria and infection. I also had a bad experience where soap/detergent went inside me and caused a huge amount of inflammation, so maybe it destroyed the lining or tubes or something internally and prevents conception, I don't know.

    Also sometimes i worry that my partner had a vasectomy and hasn't told me... i know that sounds awful but it has crossed my mind.
    This is a nightmare for me because I have always really wanted kids.
    I think another person on this forum had this happen:/

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,474
    Thanks
    630
    Thanked
    795
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A lot of people take time to fall pregnant. Even though it feels like 8 months is a long time, really, people try for a lot longer and still fall pregnant. OPK's tell you exactly when you are ovulating so perhaps use those in the mean time. It can't hurt. Also, I would be extremely concerned if you thought your partner had a vasectomy without telling you. Does he want more children? Hopefully you are having open conversations with him about your concerns and your desire to have a child.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked
    23
    Reviews
    0
    We took 15 months to get pregnant and had a bunch of tests and both were fine. Enjoy sleep ins and all the other couple stuff while you can. I remember feeling like you but now I long for a sleep in and a full nights sleep! It will happen for you, try to relax and enjoy trying :-)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,059
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked
    245
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default 25 years old ttc for 8 months and nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by amy12 View Post
    At 25 yrs old there is supposed to be a 25-30% chance of conceiving per month! I just don't understand why some people are so much more fertile than others.

    When i was a teenager I had a phase where I had quite a few different partners without any barrier method so maybe my fertility has been destroyed by bacteria and infection. I also had a bad experience where soap/detergent went inside me and caused a huge amount of inflammation, so maybe it destroyed the lining or tubes or something internally and prevents conception, I don't know.

    Also sometimes i worry that my partner had a vasectomy and hasn't told me... i know that sounds awful but it has crossed my mind.
    This is a nightmare for me because I have always really wanted kids.
    These are really odd thoughts to jump to after only 8 months of trying. I've never heard of anyone becoming infertile because of soap. There are sti's that can lead to infertility if untreated. Have u ever thought u might have had an sti? Any symptoms? You can ask ur gp to screen u for common sti's.

    If u could think that your partner could keep a secret like that from u, and u really are genuinely thinking that and it's not just an off the cuff joke you really need to be talking to him about your relationship. A trustless partnership is not one a child should be brought into.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3cats1pug For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (19-01-2013),moosey  (13-12-2012)

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Just found out that I have chlamydia, now getting treated for it.
    Maybe this is the cause of my problems or maybe it has nothing to do with this.

    Despite what others have said, i do not think it is normal for it to take 8 months + to conceive. There is always a reason for infertility/subfertility, we should not think it is normal.

    And everyone in my family gets pregnant in the first or second month so it is hard for me to view it as normal as I am sure there is a problem which has caused this and I will find out what it is. It may be that i have damage from std's/bacteria or something else, there is always a reason.

    I remember thinking after 4 months, if it hasn't happened by now it won't happen without intervention.
    Last edited by amy12; 19-01-2013 at 18:17.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,843
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked
    432
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default 25 years old ttc for 8 months and nothing

    Hun there honestly doesn't have to be a reason for anything. The body is very complex. If you really look into how a baby is conceived there is a lot more to Dtd on certain dates etc. it's incredibly amazing that a baby can be conceived at all. That's what makes it a miracle.

    Btw I am a very healthy 23 year old never smoked in my life, nor done drugs, nor really drank alcohol, good BMI, healthy eating etc.

    I have fallen pregnant 3 times easily (1 ending in mc) and have fallen pregnant 2 times after many many months of trying (currently pregnant with one which took 12 months to conceive) the other ended in mc. My husband is also extremely healthy and fit and under 30. There is absolutely nothing wrong with us at all, but we have lost 2 bubs and 3 successful (1 being hard to conceive) its completely normal!

    All if my female relatives have also conceived extremely easily.

    Infact tbh every time I fell pregnant super easily we weren't actually trying rather avoiding. The times we tried to conceive we had great difficulty. I am aware this is very common. I saw medical advice even a specialist and all was extremely normal.

    Sometimes it just takes time and there doesn't have to be a reason as I said its super complex.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,059
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked
    245
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default 25 years old ttc for 8 months and nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by amy12 View Post
    Just found out that I have chlamydia, now getting treated for it.
    Maybe this is the cause of my problems or maybe it has nothing to do with this.

    Despite what others have said, i do not think it is normal for it to take 8 months + to conceive. There is always a reason for infertility/subfertility, we should not think it is normal.

    And everyone in my family gets pregnant in the first or second month so it is hard for me to view it as normal as I am sure there is a problem which has caused this and I will find out what it is. It may be that i have damage from std's/bacteria or something else, there is always a reason.

    I remember thinking after 4 months, if it hasn't happened by now it won't happen without intervention.
    Here's a fact sheet on Chlamydia.
    http://www.couldihaveit.com.au/chlamydia.asp

    It says Chlamydia can cause infertility in some cases. How long do you think you've had it? I hope your partner has been tested too or is currently being treated. When did your gp run the std check? Have you ever had a check before that was clear so u could isolate a time period you may have caught it in? You would be wanting to notify past partners if you think it wasn't your current partner who gave it to you.

    With the Chlamydia diagnosis you may be able to get your doc to check everything is ok if you think you may have had it for awhile and it may have caused damage.

    How quick your relatives get pregnant doesn't have much bearing on how quick you will get pregnant. Each couple is very different. You should be looking at the average time for your age, not specific family members.

    And lastly I'd be looking at the partner to get a sperm analysis done if you really are that worried and can't wait. Why should you be the only one tested?
    Last edited by 3cats1pug; 20-01-2013 at 02:11.

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by catrules View Post
    Here's a fact sheet on Chlamydia.
    http://www.couldihaveit.com.au/chlamydia.asp

    It says Chlamydia can cause infertility in some cases. How long do you think you've had it? I hope your partner has been tested too or is currently being treated. When did your gp run the std check? Have you ever had a check before that was clear so u could isolate a time period you may have caught it in? You would be wanting to notify past partners if you think it wasn't your current partner who gave it to you.

    With the Chlamydia diagnosis you may be able to get your doc to check everything is ok if you think you may have had it for awhile and it may have caused damage.

    How quick your relatives get pregnant doesn't have much bearing on how quick you will get pregnant. Each couple is very different. You should be looking at the average time for your age, not specific family members.

    And lastly I'd be looking at the partner to get a sperm analysis done if you really are that worried and can't wait. Why should you be the only one tested?
    My partner is being treated too. I had it for over 10 months. I get an std check every year so it would be under 1 year I had it. I also have a history of BV.

    I am at my wits end and I really want to find a reason for my subfertility/infertility. I still think there definitely has to be a reason, unlike what some others have said. There is always a reason.

    My partner has not had a semen analysis yet. His ex gf was always going to the abortion clinic, so I don't see how his fertility would be changed that much since then. Nevertheless he went to the doctor to try to get checked but she did not do anything and instead sent him for blood tests. At least he tried.

    Chlamydia is responsible for around 25% of cases of infertility in Australia. I have a feeling I may have internal damage from my history of bv, and now chlamydia. Will found out within a few weeks hopefully!

    It looks like I might have to do IVF to have kids.
    Last edited by amy12; 21-01-2013 at 10:13.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,059
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked
    245
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default 25 years old ttc for 8 months and nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by amy12 View Post
    My partner is being treated too. I had it for over 10 months. I get an std check every year so it would be under 1 year I had it. I also have a history of BV.

    I am at my wits end and I really want to find a reason for my subfertility/infertility. I still think there definitely has to be a reason, unlike what some others have said. There is always a reason.

    My partner has not had a semen analysis yet. His ex gf was always going to the abortion clinic, so I don't see how his fertility would be changed that much since then. Nevertheless he went to the doctor to try to get checked but she did not do anything and instead sent him for blood tests. At least he tried.

    Chlamydia is responsible for around 25% of cases of infertility in Australia. I have a feeling I may have internal damage from my history of bv, and now chlamydia. Will found out within a few weeks hopefully!

    It looks like I might have to do IVF to have kids.
    How long have u been with your partner? So was he the one who gave it to you 10 months ago?
    Doesn't sound like long to be together to be thinking bout having kids.

    Do you have private health insurance? Ivf is very expensive into the thousands per attempt. Not something u want to go into lightly so I'd try not to think about that till you know more information.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Brisbane Models Wanted - 6 months to 6 years!
    By julesandheather in forum Models Wanted
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 20-04-2012, 19:09
  2. Adelaide - 6 months to 7 years
    By ljc251 in forum Models Wanted
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 08:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Carmels Beauty Secrets
An online beauty and wellness site which offers simple and effective time saving methods and tips which help you look younger for longer.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!